PDA

View Full Version : Can I Do The 14 Atpl Tests

ex-mad dog driver
6th Nov 2003, 17:10
Hey people, just looking to see if anyone has done the 14 ATPL study and tests within 6 months. Is it possible?
Thanks in advance

EXMDD.

Flypuppy
6th Nov 2003, 17:38
It is possible, I have known people who have managed it, but the majority of people tend to fail one or two exams, so it is best to allow an extra couple of months for resits.

2FLYEU
6th Nov 2003, 17:42
Does any one on a atpl distance learnig has done it in 6-8 months?

How many hours a day studying?:\

Send Clowns
6th Nov 2003, 19:42
I did XMDD, even though I failed one (Law - euch!). We regularly find students do so. It does take hard work and some aptitude though! I do agree with Flypuppy, most seem to fail the odd exam.

2FLYEU - don't know any specific cases but if you work hard and are good, especially with some background in the subjects it can be done. Best of luck.

MorningGlory
6th Nov 2003, 19:48
It is possible, I did it in 8 months including my groundschool going broke half way through and having to change to another to finish off. :ok:

Send Clowns
7th Nov 2003, 01:49
Were you one of ours, Mr Glory? :uhoh: (I worked for SFT groundschool) If so, well done, great achievement!

MorningGlory
7th Nov 2003, 05:20
Yep 'fraid so SC, after ppsc went bust... ahh happy days!

flat-tire
7th Nov 2003, 05:26
I managed to sit all the exams in 6 months while on a distance learning course. I think I even had a break to remodel the bathroom.......Though I did fail two exams that have to be made up in an extra month.

Send Clowns
7th Nov 2003, 06:09
It was fun right up to the end, MG!

Well done Flat-Tire, that is impressive. Good luck with all the rest!

redsnail
7th Nov 2003, 14:52
Yep I did it studying full time. Some of my classmates also did it too.
Checkboard knocked them all off in 2 months. (Distance learning, then crammed all the brush ups and exams into 2 months). Not recommended for the faint hearted.

ex-mad dog driver
7th Nov 2003, 16:25
Good news, thanks for all the information.
Now the next question is what DL school should I go with?

Send Clowns
7th Nov 2003, 16:40
Ours of course! :D ;) :O

The Greaser
7th Nov 2003, 18:33
For those dedicated enough and with plenty of spare time, distance learning is the quickest option available. I completed the 14 exams with first time passes in about 14 weeks. That included PPSC going bust in the middle. Needed to spend about 50 hours a week reading.
I would use Bristol GS.

lucky luke
4th Dec 2003, 22:42
I did the JAA ATPL theories as a distance learning. The Bristol material is very good. It took me 7 months and I was working full time and also did some repairs to my house during summer. There is not much free time after all that but hey, it only 7 months..

:ok: