PDA

View Full Version : Heddlu, N Wales Stars of the Small Screen

Vfrpilotpb
6th Nov 2003, 16:43
Did we se our very own Thomas Coupling on the small screen last night(Wednesday 5th Nov), at least we possibly saw his
" Chopper" as his control folk kept referring to! :p

Helinut
6th Nov 2003, 19:03
The media in the UK have a recurrent preoccupation with police vehicle pursuits, automatically assuming that the police are entirely to blame for any bad things that happen during them.

I thought that this programme was a bit more balanced than some others. From a police helicopter perspective, the value of helicopters was certainly clearly illustrated.

Thomas coupling
6th Nov 2003, 19:28
I think high speed car pursuits - nationally could be a thing of the past. 146 dead in 6 years..:eek:

We have reduced car chases over the last 10 years to a mere trickle here. Shame really from a twisted point of view, I love 'em!!!

Oh, well back to Vascar:D :D :E

Vfrpilotpb
6th Nov 2003, 20:44
T C, please answer the question, did you figure on the box? :confused:

MAXIMUS-1
6th Nov 2003, 22:36
I was rather amused as to how long the narrator said the helicopter took to catch up to the car being chased. That's what you get I suppose when you buy a transit van for a Police helicopter.

PANews
7th Nov 2003, 00:30
TC about that total number of police chase deaths .... 146 in six years ...I take it that there is no truth in the assertion that those chaps north of you used their personal score as their registration .... XMII .... or are they counting even further back????

;)

Thomas coupling
7th Nov 2003, 02:28
Maximus: I presume you are referring to the 902!

VFR: might have been................:O

ppheli
7th Nov 2003, 12:41
PA News, I think you mean East, not North. Go North from TC's base and you are soon overflying the briny.

MightyGem
7th Nov 2003, 17:47
ppheli, the world doesn't end at the south bank of the Dee. There is land on the far side you know. ;)

Nigd3
7th Nov 2003, 18:08
MightyGem

There may be land North of the River Dee or even the Mersey, civilisation is another matter.

:E ;)

Especially as they have now killed "Brooky" off completely!!!

Reminisced about flying parallel to that main road in Shotton as the Police heli did in the program. Not after a speeding youf though!!!