PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet in Berlin, which Type of A/C ?

Too Low Terrain
6th Nov 2003, 04:21
Hi to those folks working with EasyJet!

Is there a decision which type of A/C will be based in Berlin ?
737 or A319 ?

FlapsOne
6th Nov 2003, 04:39
TLT

My GUESS would be the 319 (not 320).

Not ware of any official announcement yet.

outofsynch
6th Nov 2003, 06:35
Yep - Webster has confirmed 6 A319 by June.

LVL CHG
6th Nov 2003, 07:10
Which airport in Berlin - Tegal?

In trim
6th Nov 2003, 13:53
Airport is SXL (Schonefeld)

6 A319's based, with 737's also operating through Berlin from other bases.

railwaysengineer
6th Nov 2003, 15:51
From a Berlin resident what´s reported here in the media:
Airport ist SXF (Schönefeld, southeast of Berlin, directly at Berlins border).
A/c is reported to be 319 (like Germanwings, also removed to SXF recently), 9 aircraft at the beginning, 10 or more lateron.

Kerosene Kraut
6th Nov 2003, 16:15
Six A319 will be operating there. Five of them will be based in SXF from the beginning.

dwlpl
6th Nov 2003, 17:53
German reports say that easyJet are to fly German domestic routes in addition to those already mentioned to non-German destinations.

They also say that they are have (sole?) use of Terminal B at SXF.

Kerosene Kraut
6th Nov 2003, 18:09
Nothing domestic announced yet. B is the small separated easterly part of the current terminal. U2 is going to rent that from the airport.

niknak
6th Nov 2003, 18:49
DC3's? ..... :p

Scottie
7th Nov 2003, 01:07
I read with interest all these facts abouts how it will be six airbus from the beginning. Ray Webster said it, so it must be true. Well here are a few facts....

Fact 1. Schonefeld opens 1st May

Fact 2. The Geneva base has its full complement of Airbus

Fact 3. Next base to receive Airbus is London Gatwick. Crews from that base are already in training.

Fact 4. Airbus deliveries for Gatwick start in March and the last Airbus for Gatwick arrived towards the end of May.

Therefore by simple deduction ;) Schonefeld can't have Airbus from the beginning.

As to the statement "six Airbus by June", well we're not going to get 6 aircraft delivered in one month so someones arithmetic is out!

The plan maybe to convert the Schonefeld base to Airbus but in truth they haven't actually said where the Airbus deliveries after the Gatwick Airbus are going. :ok:

So it could be anywhere.

My hunch is that'll it'll stay a 737 base for a while as starting a new base with a new aircraft type complicates the workload.

But what would I know after all I'm just an employee :p

stalling attitude
7th Nov 2003, 02:28
well i heard last week that 41 airbus rated german pilots had been taken on by easyjet. make of that what you will.

Nice Touch
7th Nov 2003, 04:46
who gives a sh1t...

Kerosene Kraut
7th Nov 2003, 17:05
Heard Ray said they'd take factory new A319s from Hamburg and would have their network running within two months.