PDA

View Full Version : IE6 Window size

outofsynch
5th Nov 2003, 19:51
I am running Win98se and IE6. Since visiting a 'dubious' website, I now find when starting IE from a link or favorite, that it opens in a small window.

I want it to start maximised, but cant find the option to change.

I have alraedy tried searching registry etc, but changes there have no effect. :{

Anyone else struck this too?

fobotcso
5th Nov 2003, 23:25
Have a look at this thread:

Windows Sizing (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=95403&highlight=IE+Window)

It seemed that WCollins' solution wasn't universal, but it might work for you.

outofsynch
6th Nov 2003, 06:19
fobotsco - it does work for me actually. It does help, but I still want Ie to open maximised.

It does from tray icon... but not from links or favorites... and it infuriates me!

Corporate Yank
8th Nov 2003, 21:52
Gents, winXP & IE6. When I open a link in a new window (right click), it is minimised to the task bar (can't see anything in the new window), unless I maximise the new window. I've tried all the previous suggestions to no avail. By the way, open with left click works just fine. This nastiness started about a week ago. Our corporate help desk can't seem to get a handle on this one either. Thanks for any suggestions,
CY

PPRuNe Pop
10th Nov 2003, 02:36
This worked for me. I can make no guarantees however. I was troubled with it a lot until................

Instead of maximising the window. Click and drag the bottom right corner until you have it nearly maximised. Adjust top and sides using the 2-way arrows until you have where you want it.
THEN..................right click the window and click Refresh.

Like I say, it worked for me. No problems since.

737TG
10th Nov 2003, 16:46
Right click on the icon you are using, then select properties, and look for the window size option. Adjust all the instances of IE (including shortcuts) in this way and websites which invoke IE will appear in a maximised window.

:ok: