PDA

View Full Version : Emirates

haselled
5th Nov 2003, 19:29
Anyone got any idea whether Emirates will consider utilising cruise pilots at any stage in the same way that Cathay Pacific do?

Reverend Doctor Doug
6th Nov 2003, 01:12
We already do.

Our F/O's are qualified to sit in the LHS on Long Haul sectors when required.

Cop U Later

The Rev

White Knight
6th Nov 2003, 13:12
Oh dear Rev - now you've made it public 411a might have a little tantrum about experience and sitting in LHS etc etc :{ :{

Reverend Doctor Doug
7th Nov 2003, 11:48
Yes you're quite right white knight. I forgot 411a's basic premise that you can only be a Captain if you've been one before. God help us all!

Cop U Later

The Rev

haselled
7th Nov 2003, 19:22
The reason I put forward this post is because a little birdie told me (in fact it was quite a big birdie) that Emirates were considering at some future time (possibly within the next 18 months) advertising for cruise pilots.

It was suggested to me that the minimum requirements would be similar to that of Cathay!!

An awful lot less than those currently required for a direct entry F/O.

GO DIRECT
9th Nov 2003, 16:31
I am afraid that low hour pilots would also mean some local cadet pilots being cruise pilots! It just aint gonna happen my friend, sorry.

Cheers GD:(

CDRW
10th Nov 2003, 13:19
Well time will tell - as having cruise captains will greatly reduce the required number of captains, and as rumour has it the response to the EK offer for DEC's has not been "as expected". Which is very sad as alot of the Far East members where hoping that many would leave the present stalig and head off to the sand, putting pressure on the gestapo, but have not heard of anyone going - maybe the package is not that great.

b808
12th Nov 2003, 01:51
Wondering if anyone had an interview with Emirates recently?

I have heard that EK only interviews twice a year and that the interview questions and format has been altered lately.

I have searched the last 18 months of pprune posts on Emirates and like to know if anyone has any new info or experience. (seems there is more info on accomodation issues than interview/sim issues!)

I applied earlier this year and received an interview date just this week. Have over 9000 hours and type on widebody Boeing.

Anyone know if the guide to Emirates Interview book is any good or is it outdated. I located it a while ago but dont seem to find it online anymore.

Any guidance or help is appreciated.

Can PM also.

B808

halas
12th Nov 2003, 11:16
Twice a year? Twice a day more like it.

halas

Crazycanuk
15th Nov 2003, 01:14
That made me laugh...good one Halas.
:p
keep the blue side up.

b808,

Here is my two cents worth about the EK interview.

The biggest thing is to be yourself and come in with a positive attitude. In the course of the interview the true you will come out so you may as well show them that on the first day.

As for technical questions there is no way to know what they will ask because the exam questions are always changing. The best thing to do is bone up a little on ATP type questions. The exam is not going to get you hired but if you bomb it completly it sure will exclude you, as will the sim.

My best guess is they look at all aspects of you. ie technical, CRM, flying skills, personallity etc. So just come in and do your best and all will work out fine. See ya on the line.

All the best and good luck.

Crazy.

millerscourt
17th Nov 2003, 15:15
I see in this weeks Flight International that Gulf Air are recruiting Pilots on B767 A340 and A330 through an Agency Direct Personnel in Dublin "offering long term and permanent contracts. Industry leading packages for successful candidates"

I wonder how this "Industry Leading Package" compares to Emirates package?????

This could be a good job perhaps for those with say less than 5 years left in Aviation.

Perhaps the time is approaching when we Pilots should play one Airline off against the Other and give them a taste of their own medicine!!

Land Recovery
17th Nov 2003, 17:08
What's a Industry Leading Package, does that entail new and more novel methods of exploitation, I wonder when is all this going to change.

NG_Kaptain
18th Nov 2003, 07:46
What is Gulf Airs package through the agency? I've got nine years before retirement and am current left seat on the 340, would a change of scenery (and more money) be an option down where its dry and hot. Gulf, Emirates or Qatar?:cool:

planecrazi
19th Nov 2003, 00:58
Gulf Air Employment (http://www.sniperhire.net/gulfair/employment.asp)

After a short search, I found this link available.;)

millerscourt
19th Nov 2003, 04:23
NG-Kaptain For all jobs go to www.flightinternational.com

For the Gulf Air through Direct Personnel then www.directpersonnel.com

Good luck

NG_Kaptain
19th Nov 2003, 05:26
To planecrazi and millerscourt, thanks for the gen.:cool: