PDA

View Full Version : 737-800 rwy extension point

hu
22nd Feb 2002, 13:50
737-800 runway extension point in FMS. .I really need some explanation about the FMS operation logics.Because of such kinds of situations happened to me so many times that I'd like to dig out the truth.. .Every time when I selec the rwy in DEP/APP page instead of electing any instrumenet approaches(no matter Precision or non-precicion), there will be showing rwy extension point on 4R or 5R which I do not remember exactly! Let say I select rwy 20, then I choose to put a 3nm extension point before the rwy. The weird things starts to happen, I check my leg page, there is breakout line between the rwy and extension point. It will not be able to connect until I put the altitude 900 on the extension, then the distance shown between the extension point and rwy is 4(some other airport will get you 6 or 5nm) instead of 3nm which I define it. Geographically speaking, the extension point location is correct but the distance is totally wrong. Help!!!!!

[ 23 February 2002: Message edited by: hu ]</p>

Airbrakes6
24th Feb 2002, 06:06
When you select a runway extention at 3R LSK you will normally get TWO discontinuities ?breakouts??out inserted. One above and below the runway extention point. This is normal. I believe they are easily removed like any other discontinuity.

As for the differences in distances, this is difficult to reconcile without more information. ie...Landing Threshold Point, Threshold Crossing Height, displaced thresholds, etc. I suspect, the difference is due, in part, to Great Circle routing. Manual entries enter the flight plan on the legs page as direct routing (Great Circle course) between waypoints.

hu
1st Mar 2002, 06:16
Airbrakes6 :. .Hi,thanks for the reply, guess what? if you put another waypoint 90 degree to the rwy extension point then you connect those waypoints(rwy,rwy extensio and the point 90 degree perpenticular to the ext point) will give you exact distance which you define it! try some day and play it on you FMS, let me know what is the result!. .Best wish to you

Only A Few More Seasons
6th Mar 2002, 08:19
hu . .. .yu r taking the ****