PDA

View Full Version : Something BIG about to happen? (Merged)

whitevandriver
4th Nov 2003, 18:55
Cyberspace is buzzing with news about something BIG is going to happen in the next 5-10 days.

"Since Saturday, people in the Highlands of Scotland have been witnessing large movements of US warplanes overhead. Experienced observers say the large numbers are reminiscent of those that preceded the bombing of Iraq in 1998 and military strikes on Libya in the1980's as well as the first Gulf War.

At the weekend warplanes were flying over at a rate of roughly one every 15 minutes. As well as watching them from the ground the plane spotters have also been able to overhear pilots talking by listening to their radio frequencies.

At this rate some 288 warplanes would have passed over Scotland in three days."

Seems USAF bases all over the world are very active at this very moment. Can anyone on this forum confirm these activities?

Regie Mental
4th Nov 2003, 19:13
Complete nonsense. If the activity means anything, it's probably that there's a JMC on at the moment.

European Crash
4th Nov 2003, 19:20
Concur with Reggie Mental. Suggest you get out more and don't believe what the Jockanese say. Perhaps the US is to side with William Wallace?

ORAC
4th Nov 2003, 20:35
it's a fair cop, but the French have had it coming...................

Vage Rot
4th Nov 2003, 21:22
It is, indeed, JMC time again!

Don't panic, there's nothing more to see here, go back to your homes!

Bzulu
5th Nov 2003, 16:37
Can anyone confrim this?

------------------------------------------------------------

TWO SOURCES NOW CONFIRM UNUSUALLY HEAVY US BOMBER, FIGHTER ACTIVITY

Two different sources, one on the US West Coast and another in Scotland, have now confirmed to News of the Force unusually heavy US bomber and fighter activity.

Since Saturday, people in the Highlands of Scotland have been witnessing large movements of US warplanes overhead. Experienced observers say the large numbers are reminiscent of those that preceded the bombing of Iraq in 1998 and military strikes on Libya in the1980's as well as the first Gulf War.

One source tells us that many of the planes have left bases close to or on the US West Coast.

It is thought that the planes have flown on a route from the US over the north pole to bases in Europe and the Mediterranean. The size and scale of the movement suggests that the US may be preparing to strike at a country in the Middle East in the next week to ten days.

Source: http://www.newsoftheforce.com

GrantT
5th Nov 2003, 16:43
The size and scale of the movement suggests that the US may be preparing to strike at a country in the Middle East in the next week to ten days.

Like thats going to happen Bzulu. :rolleyes:

Bzulu
5th Nov 2003, 16:50
Hey man, I'm just the messenger. Any information to confirm this story?

acmi48
5th Nov 2003, 16:57
you cant bomb anybody during ramadan,its just not cricket
i cant imagine for one second that 'w' is going for persia

Bzulu
5th Nov 2003, 17:08
acmi48 wrote.........

you cant bomb anybody during ramadan,its just not cricket

Ok buddy......try this for starters. Hope no-one is flying into Mecca with a load of pax for Ramadan. If so, I suggest you depart ASAP. Don't think cricket is a sport that the jihadis take into consideration.....mate!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Saudi Minister: Al Qaeda planned to kill Mecca pilgrims during Ramadan
04-11-2003, 09:27

Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda activists were plotting to kill Muslim pilgrims in the holy city of Mecca during the fasting month of Ramadan, the Saudi Interior Minister said after security forces shot dead two "terrorists".

All eight members of an Islamist cell smashed in Mecca on Monday were from the al-Qaeda network, Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz told Al-Riyadh Tuesday.

"Undoubtedly, they all belong to the same movement and follow the same tactics," the minister said when asked if the cell was linked to al-Qaeda which the Saudi authorities blamed for killing 35 people in Riyadh in May.

"They targeted the month of Ramadan ... when the Saudi and non-Saudi faithful gather" in Mecca for the umrah or minor pilgrimage, he said. Two members of the cell surrendered and four others were captured, one with wounds, after a shootout, Nayef added. (Albawaba.com)

http://www.albawaba.com/news/index.php3?sid=262545&lang=e&dir=news

moggie
5th Nov 2003, 17:33
If Al Qaeda are Muslim fundamentalists, can anyone explain to me why they might want to kill fellow Musilms who are paying there respects to Mohammed in the holiest Muslim site there is?

Kep Ten Jim
5th Nov 2003, 17:39
Because they are Muslims.

SaturnV
5th Nov 2003, 18:07
Bzulu, the American airfields of choice for bombing targets in the Middle East are located in the Middle East. The primary airfield of choice is Diego Garcia, which nominally would be reached by flying west from US West Coast bases, and not via the polar route.

By using airfields such as Diego Garcia, the US avoids having to obtain overflight permission from countries who are not keen on the US using their airspace to carry out strategic or tactical bombing runs which were not authorized by the UN ot NATO.

US fighter wings tend to fly across the pond to Europe, and not take polar routes. In-flight refuleing over the Pole is rather more difficult, logistically.

So the Newsoftheforce story is simply an unfounded pyramid of speculation and extrapolation.

Bzulu
5th Nov 2003, 18:20
Thanks SaturnV.

I was aware of the Diego Garcia route.

That's why I was looking for any confirmation of the route via Scotland.

I'm sure if these bombers had passed through Scotland, someone must have some knowledge of them.

If no-one knows of them, then the story is not just speculation........but disinformation.

strafer
5th Nov 2003, 18:57
If Al Qaeda are Muslim fundamentalists, can anyone explain to me why they might want to kill fellow Musilms who are paying there respects to Mohammed in the holiest Muslim site there is?
The quote was from the Saudi 'Government'. (Who were Bin Laden's first target before an American stripper laughed at the size of his todger).

keithl
5th Nov 2003, 20:06
This is hardly worth replying to, but...
I live in the Highlands of Scotland and mil. a/c activity is normal. The LEVEL or INTENSITY of activity, that is.

Bzulu
5th Nov 2003, 20:45
Many thanks for your response Keith. Please don't ever think that something is not worth responding to. Every little bit helps.

GwynM
5th Nov 2003, 21:40
Kep Tem Jim
this is just racist crap which demeans you a lot more than your targets.

747FOCAL
5th Nov 2003, 22:17
Maybe now we know what they have been saving that 727 tanker for. :ooh:

European Crash
5th Nov 2003, 22:54
Bzulu,

Not wanting to question you mental state, but isn't the opening article just playfully scampering around the edges of reality?

I read this story on another thread - general agreement was that it was pap or a conspiracy between William Wallace, Bonny Prince Charlie and the Choclateers (same thing, really).

By the way, the web site you referred us to is for beer-bellied bubbas in John Deere hats. Amusing, inter alia, but dangerous material if it falls into naive hands!

fobotcso
5th Nov 2003, 23:13
Don't see why we need two threads on this closely guarded secret. :(

The First Thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=107763)

Well, the first thread has been merged now so this is a circular link. But I'll leave my post for completeness and it might just fool the bad guys.

PPRuNe Radar
5th Nov 2003, 23:14
Of course there's increased activity in Scotland :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Doesn't anyone read NOTAMS anymore ?? :confused:

B)03/10/27 08:30 UTC C)03/11/06 15:30 NAVW (H7094/03)
D)27-31 OCT AND 03-06 NOV, 0830-1030 AND 1330-1530 DAILY.
E) (MIL REF) AUS 03-10-0029/3966/KL
JMC 033. INTENSE AERIAL ACTIVITY WILL TAKE PLACE WI AREA BOUNDED BY
5940N 00130W-5920N 00100W-5800N 00100W-5800N 00450W-5816N 00600W-
5950N 00600W-ORIGIN. LARGE FORMATIONS OF FAST JET AIRCRAFT WILL
CONDUCT HIGH ENERGY MANOUEVRES AND MAY NOT BE ABLE TO COMPLY WITH
RULES OF THE AIR. ACN 03-10-0029 DATED 06 OCT 03 REFERS. CONTACT
JMC DIRECTING STAFF, MOC FASLANE 01436 674321 EXT 4373/4379, DFTS
93255 4373/4379.
F)SFC G)FL550

Gainesy
5th Nov 2003, 23:42
Its all to do with the chem trails. :cool:

FEBA
6th Nov 2003, 01:07
Armadas of Military aircraft

Anybody playing bowls in Jockland?

Al Queda plan to blow up Mecca

Good grief! I know they are opposed to gambling but that's going too far ;)

FEBA

A Civilian
6th Nov 2003, 03:13
Ive got one word for you guys 'Cuba' :cool:

Man-on-the-fence
6th Nov 2003, 04:36
I have it on good authority that If I play my cards right I may get a shag tonight.:E

Well its big for me and more probable than some of the b:mad:ks being spouted here.

fobotcso
6th Nov 2003, 05:15
M-o-t-f, I see as I type this that you are still Online. So,unless you are ambidextrous, it hasn't happened yet.

But I continue to have your best interests at heart and hope that something good happens soon.

With every good wish, fob

Man-on-the-fence
6th Nov 2003, 05:21
I can multitask :ok:

FEBA
6th Nov 2003, 15:58
MOTF
If that's a new technique, you should share it
FEBA

whitevandriver
6th Nov 2003, 16:10
PPRuNe Radar,

Thanks very big mate, that's the info I was looking for and not a another pathetic attemp to be funny :rolleyes:

Bzulu
6th Nov 2003, 16:24
Yes, I too thank you PPRuNe Radar.

Man-on-the-fence
6th Nov 2003, 20:17
Thanks very big mate, that's the info I was looking for and not a another pathetic attemp to be funny

My apologies for trying to inject a little humour into an otherwise pointless thread.

Orson
6th Nov 2003, 21:05
Not the person to ask about JMX or whatever oop north, but there's a lot going on round Norfolk way as well. I remember the days after 9/11, and it was very busy, with all sorts going over about every 10 mins. Dropped off over the last 2 years, but it's now got very busy again in the last 2 weeks or so.

On another question: where would the planes I hear be from? Just outside Norwich, so would it be RAF Marham, or USAF at Lakenheath and Mildenhall, and all that lot?

Just nosey...

Regards to you all,

O

Feck
6th Nov 2003, 21:34
Diego Garcia. Duck.

PPRuNe Pop
6th Nov 2003, 21:54
Well I think I can safely say that there is little that could added to this thread - except perhaps of a hardening nature.

A good time to close the thread then - to avoid any unnecessary diversions ;) :E

Bzulu
7th Nov 2003, 16:51
Just for those who were concerned about my mental state or those who believed muslims would never attack muslims.

I know this has nothing to do with the aircraft observed in Scotland but is related to one of my earlier posts which have now been merged into this thread.

From http://www.airsecurity.com

In a separate incident on 6 November, two suspected militants were killed when they detonated an explosive device in Mecca's al-Sharaeh district as security forces were pursuing them. Saudi officials believe that the two belonged to the same cell that clashed with government forces in Mecca on 3 November 2003.

or check the full news story at http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20031106_1074.html

2 Militants Blow Themselves Up in Mecca
Two Suspected Militants Blow Themselves Up in Mecca; a 3rd Killed in Shootout in Saudi Capital

The Associated Press

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia Nov. 6 — Two suspected militants blew themselves up in the holy city Mecca to avoid arrest Thursday hours after a third suspect was killed in a shootout with security forces in the capital Riyadh, Saudi officials said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I personally believe that the aircraft seen in Scotland may be connected in some way with the upcoming visit of GW Bush to London. May also explain increased activity over Norfolk.