PDA

View Full Version : Florida flights from Manston?

Jes
4th Nov 2003, 05:22
30 October 2003
Florida Flights

Dr Stephen Ladyman MP hosted a dinner at the House of Commons for Jim Johnson and Larry Wuensch who are respectively Executive Director of Aviation and Senior Director of Marketing and Development at Melbourne International Airport in Florida. Also present were members of PlaneStation, the airports division of Wiggins Group plc, which owns and operates Manston Airport, and which recently signed a long term concession in respect of the international terminal at Melbourne Airport.

Mr Johnson and Mr Wuensch are in Europe to discuss plans for the creation of passenger links between Manston and Melbourne, which is located on Florida’s Space Coast as well as having easy access to Orlando and Disney. Following the dinner Mr Johnson and Mr Wuensch were travelling to Majorca with members of the PlaneStation team to attend the annual Association of British Travel Agents Convention.

Dr Ladyman said: “I am delighted by this development and look forward to the creation of new passenger links between Manston and Melbourne. I know that the Melbourne and PlaneStation teams will be working very hard to bring this about and nothing would give me greater pleasure than for me and my family to be among the first paying passengers from Manston to Melbourne. We also look forward to receiving American visitors to Kent”.

Mr Johnson said: “We believe that our contract with PlaneStation has broken new ground in creating a new form of business relationship between an American airport and a European airport group. I have been impressed with the professionalism and commitment of the PlaneStation team and I am confident that, together, we shall create new passenger links between Manston and Melbourne”. He added that on his next trip to Europe he intended to visit the PlaneStation airport at Black Forest in south west Germany because he believed that it also offered the promise of new passenger traffic to and from Florida.

serko
4th Nov 2003, 14:52
From www.london-manston.com

"THE MAGIC OF LAKE GARDA FROM LONDON MANSTON AIRPORT
Tour ref: NA4 RLK 12/KTM

Duration: 8 days

Adult Price: from £449

Destination(s): Italy, Lake Garda

Departure Date: September 12 2004

Full of character and charm, the saphire blue lakes of Northern Italy are the perfect choice for a lakes and mountains holiday. From the towering peaks at its northern end to the vineyards and lemon groves of its southern shores, Garda is a delight.

We will be staying in the Malcesine and Torbole area. Backed by steep mountains, the charming lakeside resort of Malcesine boasts quaint alleyways and narrow, cobbled streets lined with shops, bars and cafes, all dominated by the 13th century Scalliger Castle. Torbole is only three miles south of Riva del Garda in a very picturesque setting. Once again, it offers a wide selection of bars, shops and restaurants.

The price is based on the Hotel Firenze (3 star), situated opposite the lake. The public rooms include a restaurant, bar and lounge area, reception, lift, garden and a wonderful rooftop terrace with superb views over the lake. There is an outdoor swimming pool and sunbathing area. All bedrooms have private facilities, satellite TV and telephone. Rooms with a balcony and lake view are available at a supplement.

Optional excursions include a full day Grand Circular Tour of Lake Garda, a half day in Romeo and Juliet's Verona, a full day in the Dolomites and a full day trip to Venice.

THE PRICE INCLUDES:
Return Flights from Manston to Verona (outbound 1010 returning 1450)

Return airport to hotel transfers in Italy

Seven nights' accommodation at the Hotel Firenze based on sharing a twin/double bedded room with private facilities (single room supplement £63). Upgrades to other hotels available at a supplement.

Continental buffet breakfasts

Three course evening meals

Services of a tour manager throughout

Government taxes and service charges

OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS:
Lake Garda Circular Tour £26

Verona £19

Grand Dolomites £26

Venice £33

All prices are per person

EXTRA PRICE INFORMATION:
Adult Insurance £24

Child Insurance £12

Single room supplement Hotel Firenze £63

Twin room with balcony and Lake view Hotel Firenze £42 per person

CONTACT
TravelStation on 08453 31 20 31

TravelStation, The Terminal Building, London Manston Airport, Manston, Kent CT12 9BP

[email protected]

Meeb
4th Nov 2003, 17:11
Manston is a great airport and through time it will do well as the South East needs more capacity. Does it have an ILS yet? PAR's were lots of fun there but as the RAF have gone no longer are available... :p

Woodman
5th Nov 2003, 02:48
Wonder what they are flying on, an MK Airlines DC8?

Caslance
5th Nov 2003, 02:50
An Air Atlanta or European 747 would be more likely, Woodman.

Frankfurt_Cowboy
5th Nov 2003, 17:50
Or a Mama Air 737?