PDA

View Full Version : London Gazette

slider
3rd Nov 2003, 06:48
Anyone know where to get hold of a copy of the London Gazette that makes recent awards and promotions official? Somewhere in London, I suppose :rolleyes:

Green Flash
3rd Nov 2003, 07:27
http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/ would be a good starter for 10. It's also got a link to Aunty Bettys gong list.

Background Noise
3rd Nov 2003, 16:17
There is a direct link on one of the other threads already running on this - see 'Op Telic Awards'. There is also a thread 'George Cross'.

slider
3rd Nov 2003, 17:40
Thanks. :ok:

But I wondered if it was still available in good old paper form? My Granny hasn't got the hang of this electronic wizardry yet.:8 I suppose I could print out the pdf but that's not the same is it!

ExGrunt
3rd Nov 2003, 20:26
The paper gazette is still available. You can get it from HMSO, although I think their sales arm is now called The Stationary Office.

Hope that helps

EG

MadsDad
4th Nov 2003, 18:30
Maybe the Stationery Office. Although I don't think it's moved.

(Incidentally, Slider, the best of luck. I wanted to get a copy a couple of years ago and couldn't find how to buy one anywhere. I evntually got one from a mate of mine who was posted to the MOD in London at the time and who had some copies in his office. If you know anyone based in Whitehall they may well be able to help you).

TicketyBoo
4th Nov 2003, 20:31
They carry it in the periodicals section of the main library in Liverpool, so I would think you'll be able to get hold of a copy in one of Cambridge's libraries.

2lo4zero
4th Nov 2003, 22:46
When I got a 'mention' (Queens Commendation for Brave Conduct) many moons ago I had to write to the Guildhall in London Town for a photocopy of the bit wot I was mentioned in. Never have seen a 'real' copy!

QuidProQuo
5th Nov 2003, 01:02
A search around on the magazine table in the ante room of the Mess will quite often throw up a copy. Even if they haven't got the one in question, it should have the contact details of where to buy it.

slider
5th Nov 2003, 04:07
Thanks all - especially for tip off about The Staionery Office:ok:

HMSO publications can be supplied by:

TSO
123 Kingsway
London WC2B 6PQ
Tel: 020 7242 6393 or 020 7242 6410
Fax: 020 7242 6394
e-mail: [email protected]

There are also some major branches of Blackwells that can order and supply the London Gazette but website has the details buried somewhere.

Mr C Hinecap
5th Nov 2003, 14:48
The station Admin Offices / PSFs usually have a copy too. I had to trawl through many of them when I wanted to see my name in print. Go on - go and see the Admin Wallahs - they can be nice people!

I didn't mean that. The nice bit. Meant the bit about them holding the Gazette tho.