PDA

View Full Version : Lease Of Tu-154 In The Uk

TJ747
2nd Nov 2003, 01:24
HI THERE,

CAN ANYONE POSSIBLY TELL ME IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO LEASE A TU-154 FROM SAY HEMUS AIR IN BULGARIA AND HAVE THE A/C BASED IN THE UK FOR A SUMMER SEASON OPERATING CHARTER TO SAY SPAIN.GREECE. CYPRUS ETC ON BEHALF OF A UK BASED TOUR OPERATOR.

IM NOT SURE WHAT THE RULES ARE FOR THIS KIND OF LEASE ESPECIALLY WITH THE A/C BEING RUSSIAN BULIT. I SUPPOSE THERE MAY ALSO BE PROBLEMS WITH MAINTENECE...WHO DOES MAINTENECE IN THE UK FOR TU-154'S...NOT MANY I SPOSE.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE TYPICAL ALL INC ACMI LEASE RATE WOULD BE OF A TU-154.

I WOULD HAVE THE A/C,FLT CREW AND MAYBE SENIOR CREW MEMBER FROM THE AIRLINE INVOLVED HERE IN THE UK WITH LOCALLY CRECUITED UK CREW FOR THE ASIGNED BASE.

IS THIS POSSIBLE WITH SUCH TYPE OF A/C HERE IN THE UK.

WOULD ALSO BE INTERESTED ON TYPICAL ALL INC ACMI LEASE RATES FOR THE FOLLOWING A/C TYPES PLEASE

MD81/82/83
737-300/400
TU-154

MANY THX IN ADV FOR YOUR REPLIES

TJ747

Fly_146
6th Nov 2003, 04:50
Since no one else has responded;

If you're talking wet lease of more than five business days, you need to speak to all other possible UK sub. operators for the charter boys such as EAL, Channex, Titan, etc. to see if they have aircraft available to service what you propose. If they don't, then you may perhaps "import" a tu154.

Is Hemus a JAR operator? Is Bulgaria a JAA member state? If not, you will also need to speak to the UK CAA and pay them lots of money to check if they meet the equivalent safety standards of all UK based AOC operations.

Maintenance? Well, I doubt if anyone in the UK would cater for a tu154, but the aircraft should come with line engineers and enough airframe hours to see you through a charter season.

Not sure on the cabin crew issue, and in any event, which UK Charter operator is going to lease in a tu154 on long term pax operation carrying British punters???

:hmm:

ferrydude
7th Nov 2003, 05:54
you reckon someone could actually pull this off?

acmi48
7th Nov 2003, 21:21
think you wil lfind that it wont meet stage 3 requirement either

bacardi walla
7th Nov 2003, 22:14
oddly enough, the "M" version does but you wouldn't think so :O