PDA

View Full Version : BACX Flagging Out?

judge11
1st Nov 2003, 17:19
In its continuing trashing of the former BRAL/Manx system BA Citiexpress will soon be adding the Isle of Man to its base closure list of BHD, ADN,LBA,NEW, CWL, PLH. 'Fraggle' is sinking fast with a Dutch operator flying a F50 on the BA BHX route as a replacement for an ATP which the management argue cannot be crewed from exisiting resources.

So this unmitigated Citiexpress disaster continues unabated and a foreign operator unwittingly puts another nail in the IOM crews' coffin.

faq
1st Nov 2003, 18:14
Is this the same Dutch operator who have a couple of B1900 based at IOM? IOM-DUB-IOM was one of the routes they were doing.

What route is the F50 doing for BACX?

HZ123
1st Nov 2003, 19:00
It is even confusing to your cousins in mainline LHR. But be assured yours will not be the first or the last that we can bring down.

There seems to be a total lack of direction at the moment with further announcements expected as our revenue has shrunk by £1.8 billion which will require next years business plan brought forward to January.

Urgent new action is required.

Business continues to fall far short of out most pessimistic predictions. Bad news continues.

Dewdrop
1st Nov 2003, 22:54
Third party RJ will be operating IOM-DUB !

Meeb
2nd Nov 2003, 19:30
Well said Jenkins. Euromanx have been operating wholly foreign aircraft/crews since they started operting out of IOM, no locals can be employed. If you read the companies submission to the CAA (and its a NI registered company), they say no alternative is available hence the need for flagging... I say bollocks to Woodgate Aviation, get your act together, and to the CAA, hang your heads in shame... :mad:

As for Eastern, how long are they going to persist using foreign barbie jets? Why does the CAA not tell them to get their own now they have operated them for over a year (2?), but at least they employ lots of UK crew etc, and looks like they are getting more routes into IOM, Liverpool to the rock seems on the cards.

atprider
4th Nov 2003, 19:18
The future is of course even more dutch with Denim air Citiexpress operating. Must be costing a fair few pennies to lease PH-PRH to operate 2 sectors in the morning then sit for 8 hours before 2 sectors in the evening though - Another effective rationalisation measure ?:sad: :sad:

ALLMCC
4th Nov 2003, 20:35
Begs the question how IOM - BHD can support two operators (Flybe 3 per day/Keenair 2 per day) - thought the Keenair was a summer only service but still operating despite high fares - presumably the business fraternity are providing some if not most of the passenger nos as unlikely to be any holiday traffic at this time of year!

Mark Lewis
4th Nov 2003, 21:01
G-MIMA, the 146 that operates the LGW/LTN routes is being retired later this month too, leaving G-MAUD as the only ex Manx plane, and that is being retired in December. With the rest of the ATPs going over the next few months I really can't see much of a future for the Isle of Man in BAs route network and am expecting an imminent announcement on their withdrawal.

FLYMATE
5th Nov 2003, 04:15
Why not build a road bridge from IOM to mainland, that sorts it all out...

Whalerider
5th Nov 2003, 06:00
Bring back Manx A/L I say - and I'm sure many others agree !!!!

As an aside, when G-MIMA goes in Dec, what will be used on IOM - LGW route ??

Ransman
5th Nov 2003, 06:20
Funny old world, don't believe all you read here, it is, after all, a rumour network! G-MIMA is and will be going strong well beyond 2003 old chap. (It's on my roster!)

Mark Lewis
5th Nov 2003, 15:59
Just going by what I read here:

http://www.jethros.i12.com/FLEETS/Listings/BA_CITIEXPRESS_IOM.html

Ransman
5th Nov 2003, 16:19
A bit of a worry if the info is correct. I'll look into this. Thanks for the link.:confused:

revik
5th Nov 2003, 16:39
Ransman

You've been around long enough to know that just because something is on a roster does not garauntee anything.

GWYN
5th Nov 2003, 17:25
Actually, there has been no decision announced as to the future of the IoM as a base. The announcement was that the whole Operations Department will be moved / merged with the Operations Department at BHX. In spite of Mr Cowan's assertion of cost savings, I have yet to hear of anyone who actually believes this to be possible. From any logical, rational examination, it would have to save costs to have the whole Operations Department on the Island, where all the staff are already located (with the exception of the few at BHX, who are responsible for 16 aircraft), and leasing costs for the property must be less than at BHX.

As with most of these decisions the assumption must be that the decision is made for emotional and / or political reasons which are then justified on (mirage-like) 'cost saving' grounds. It also must be seen as a precursor to BACX closing IoM as a base and possibly even as a destination. So perhaps you are not so far from the truth, Judge!

judge11
5th Nov 2003, 19:16
Several questions have been directed at so-called 'senior' management through the company's internal forum and it appears there is a complete 'no comment' response.

It has been reported the flight ops manager was interviewed on the local radio station where he said the were no plans to alter the route structure. But it has been apparent to all that the necessary steps, from the management viewpoint, to run down the base have been on the go for the past 12 months with a freeze on cabin and flight crew recruitment. Those costs would pale into insignificance when compared to the costs of night stopping as many as 8 cabin and flight crew at a time on the isle plus, of course, BA's recent subscription to the Dutch economy through Denim.

Euromanx is another matter; an opportunist outfit waiting to pick up the scraps from the Bacx table and a gamble which might pay-off if it can keep going. There are regularr reports of its staff not being paid on time.

Dewdrop
5th Nov 2003, 20:27
I heard from the pilot in the pub that IOM-GAT is going, to be replaced a LCY. Head to head with Flybe !

PAXboy
5th Nov 2003, 21:50
One can only hope that BA are not totally barmy and remain on the island as a base and for the Manx network. If BA do withdraw from the island, then it would confirm my view that they only bought Manx to get the slots at LHR. The indication of this was strengthened when they shifted the route to LGW. I do hope that I'm wrong about this.

I am booked on the IOM~LTN sector on 16th December, the data that Mima is listed as being returned to lessor, so I hope that it is after the day's work! :rolleyes:

Mark Lewis
6th Nov 2003, 18:06
IOM-DUB was dropped a few months ago.

Ransman
6th Nov 2003, 18:35
It appears the info from the link regards G-MIMA is incorrect, and she is not leaving us. Let's wait and see eh!

Chillwinston
7th Nov 2003, 19:51
Johnny English

"I'm starting to wonder where mark lewis gets his information" -

I'll give you a clue, like he has already :-

http://www.jethros.i12.com/FLEETS/Listings/BA_CITIEXPRESS_IOM.html

Maybe "English" wasnt a good choice of names?

spanner the cat
7th Nov 2003, 22:17
And now Emerald are looking to join the frame (IOM-LPL) :suspect:

Wonder what that will do for EuroManx now? :E

Btw agree with Meeb. It is more than a little disgraceful that Euromanx have been able to wet-lease in foreign registered a/c and crews in direct competition with locally based a/c and crews. Shame on you CAA.