PDA

View Full Version : John Eglen 8/9/46-30/10/03 RIP

voodooman
1st Nov 2003, 10:58
It is with sad regret to announce the death of John Eglen "EGG". John passed away on Thursday after a long and brave battle against cancer. John was loved by many and will be sadly missed.
Rest In Peace....
Lots of love,
The Eglen Family.

To all interested......
Private family cremation will take place 3rd November 03.
Farewell send off at Anzac Park, Kings Beach Headland, Caloundra at 5pm Friday 7th November followed by wake at AMS hangar, Caloundra Airport.
Freinds and enemies most welcome!

For more info phone: 0418 985774

Mr. Hat
1st Nov 2003, 18:04
Did not know the man that well.

What I did know of him was that he was truly encouraging to me at a time when I needed it most.

Made me smile when I taxiied out in the Nav on Friday and thought back to his kind words at the time of my endorsement.

RIP John. You won't be forgotten. Thoughts are with the family and QAS staff.

Mr. Hat.....By the way John I got the job! Thanks mate.

NOtimTAMs
2nd Nov 2003, 19:58
Knew he was a "little unwell", but he had a stiff upper lip.

A real gentleman, whose only real error of judgment in the opinion of some was to sign off on my CIR...

Vale John.

NOtimTAMs

kiki
4th Nov 2003, 22:55
Indeed a good guy, Sad news to hear. RIP John.

robair
6th Nov 2003, 07:46
I will refrian from what I thought of him but I will not speak ill of him, my condollences to his family.

HabibBro
6th Nov 2003, 13:42
RIP Egg. I am another of many that got their first job and CIR with the Egg at the helm! When all the others turned you away John told you how it was and gave you a shot - for that Im truely greatful. Enjoyed many a XXXX up on the coast. Thoughts with the family - peace on the other side. Have a drink or two for all of us that cant make it tomorrow.

RNM

Ace on Base
6th Nov 2003, 18:24
Knew "Eggs" well. I have to thank him for my initial twin endoresement in a B58, My ME CIR initial upgrade, a Seneca and Twin Commanchi endorsement, a renewal etc. I never was given a job, nor asked him for one, Just knew him as someone I should thank for getting me through.

Sorry we parted on not so nice terms, John, But rest in peace ol' chap, and have a XXXX on me.

My condolences to the Eglen family.

Bellthorpe
7th Nov 2003, 20:40
The wake was a typical Eglen affair. Lots of booze (in the traditional boat), good food, loud music, and lots of like minded friendly folk having a good time.

Thanks, John.

Yakka
8th Nov 2003, 16:20
The turn out reflected the amount of mates he had. a sad sad day but celebrated in true Eglan style, see you later John we will all miss you.