PDA

View Full Version : Minis banned in Robinsons

bugdevheli
1st Nov 2003, 05:38
A friend of mine dropped in on me a while ago in an R22. the passenger,a young lady, was wearing a mini skirt. After a cup of tea and a chat they decided to depart. all was well untill the young lady climbed aboard, but I noticed the pilots attention did not appear to be focused on his preflight check. He seemed more concerned with polishing the screen on the ladies side, checking that the door air vent was set within a half milimeter , and he ckecked the pull up fuses several times. Do Pruners consider this sort of situation places such additional stress on a pilot as to be considered dangerous, and should RHC issue warnings in their flight manual. The pilot in question took of vertically and was grinning

sprocket
1st Nov 2003, 05:44
Easy fix: Install cargo mirrors on all Robbos! ... Or invite the engineers to do the cleaning.

Ascend Charlie
1st Nov 2003, 05:46
No, that's not a hazard, that's a fringe benefit.

A hazard is having a busty bosomy well-endowed girl with big t1ts sitting in the left seat - seat belt neatly tucked into the crevice - and you are trying to point out some things out her side without knocking your elbow into the knockers.

An instructor can be accused of all sorts of things - assault, making unwanted advances and all that stuff, and you are trying your best not to hit them, but they just take up so much room....:p

Whirlygig
1st Nov 2003, 15:34
Ascend Charlie

As one of those busty, bosomy, well-endowed girls with big t1ts who has just learnt to fly a helicopter, I appreciate your view point to which I am not unsympathetic.

You're right, they DO get in the way and I didn't bat an eyelid if my instructor's elbow got in the way as well:) . It's part of life and us big girls have learned to accept it.

The seat belt bit is quite tricky because, on me, it just doesn't sit correctly, so tucking it into the cleavage is about the best thing I can do.

Cheers

Whirlygig

Dantruck
1st Nov 2003, 16:03
Whirlygig

I suddenly find myself in urgent need of some engine-off refresher training. I understand you are an instructor of excellent repute, and type rated on R22s to boot.

Now I don't want anyone jumping to the rash conclusion my request has anything to do with the aformentioned discussion. That would be immature, and quite possibly sexist :E

So no sniggering at the back!

Whirlybird
1st Nov 2003, 18:53
As a female instructor, though one with fairly average sized...well, everything really, I now tend to have large-sized male students apologising profusely for the fact that life in an R22 with two people is exceedingly...cosy, shall we say. Am I distracting them, do you think? And what should I do about it? :)

Dantruck
1st Nov 2003, 18:58
Whoops!

Did I just confuse Whirlygig with Whirlybird? Of course, I'm still in need of all the refresher training I can get.

OK, OK, I know: "Dan...when you're in a hole mate...stop digging!"
:ouch:

the wizard of auz
1st Nov 2003, 22:16
Whirlybird, I dont think you should do anything about it......... some of us enjoy being distracted whilst learning to fly.
My Instructor (fixed wing ) was a pleasure to be crammed into a 152 with, but my rotory instructor was certainly less desirable to be crammed in a R22 with. I learned faster in the choppa than the fixed wing, dunno if that was a distraction or an experiance thing though. :}

Whirlybird
1st Nov 2003, 23:41
Dantruck,

That's alright, I don't in the least mind that you don't want to do your refresher training with me because my boobs aren't big enough. :{ I'm tough; I can live with it. :)

Anyway, you're not alone in confusing the female Whirlys on PPRuNe. WhirlyGIRL and I used to frequent the chat room a lot, and people would chat her up one night, then try to carry on the same converation with me the following night, and wonder why I didn't understand what was going on. Probably happened the other way round as well. Now we have WhirlyGIG too. Ever so difficult, I know. But guys, you could try reading the WHOLE name before you post.

However, don't worry too much; we Whirlys can cope. ;)

And don't forget, I'm the ORIGINAL Whirly. :ok:

Whirlygig
2nd Nov 2003, 04:26
Oh dear,

we have got our whirlies mixed up!!

I have just learned to fly and am not an instructor - and am whirlygig because I am also a musician!

Dantruck - trust me - you wouldn't want to do an engine off with me; distraction or no distraction!

Cheers

Whirlygig

ShyTorque
2nd Nov 2003, 18:54
This has got me in a whirl.

I used to find the smell of Chanel No5 a distraction, in particular one young lady student pilot who wore it. One morning she pointed out we were one mile high and asked me what I was going to do about it. Like a professional instructor should, I immediately carried out my Hasel checks and went into an erect right spin... :E

I think her name was Hasel....

Red Wine
2nd Nov 2003, 20:48
Oh Come on.......Chanel 5 and cash for lessons...???

Your dreaming....there are no such people............

ShyTorque
3rd Nov 2003, 06:22
Red,

It wasn't much cash - but it was all I could afford..... :E

Actually, she was a University Air Squadron student!

P.S. I'm "Shy" not "Sky" :ouch:

Whirlygig
4th Nov 2003, 05:31
Red Wine

I wear Chanel No.5 - a girl can't go wrong!

........see, we DO exist!!

Cheers

Whirlygig

Genghis the Engineer
4th Nov 2003, 17:16
Of course, anybody qualified on flexwing microlights (a tandem cockpit environment that makes an R22 seem positively roomy) will be well aware of the extra comfort factor afforded by a well endowed lady passenger.

Not necessarily distracting as such, but far more comfortable than a rear-seat ballast bag.

G