PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else on July 2004 Course

AdamATC
1st Nov 2003, 01:31
after putting my application in back in Nov 01 and NATS messing me around, a lot, (wrong addresses, not booking things and then to top it all off, offering earlier start dates, then retracting the offer with out any notice - the chap who made the offer left the company with out getting back to me!!! I had to call NATS to be told this :mad: :mad: :mad: ) my course start date of Jul 04 is getting painfully and slowly closer. As you have guessed, I'd like to start.........soon.

I thought I'd try and make contact with any ppruners out there who are on Jul 04 course or are in the same boat as me, before it sinks:D so if you are out there and haven't slit your wrists through waiting give me a shout

regards Adam

PS. Dont let this message sound like I'm not greatful for being offered the position at Hurn but it is bloody annoying waiting since Nov 01

mr.777
1st Nov 2003, 23:58
Got accepted in Nov 01 too Adam.My original start date was last month.....but I'm now waiting until Mar 04.Seems I got slightly better off than you.I was ready to slit my wrists as I HATE my present job.Hang in there mate....I know its a cliche,but it'll be here before you know it.....and,hopefully,worth the wait!!

PGM
4th Nov 2003, 02:47
I've been waiting patiently just to get to the aptitude testing stage. Apparently now the tests are going to be before Xmas. Can anyone tell me on numeracy, are the answers multiple choice. I'm just trying to get up to speed and there are short cuts that can be taken if you have a nuber of possibilities in fron tof you rather than calculating the whole thing. Just want to get through this stage and then give them what for at the interviews!!! Thanks in advance

hc003540
4th Nov 2003, 04:01
Hiya,

I could also be on the July 2004 as well, if NATS ever get back to me with this in writing!!!!!

Was it a Mr Rex that left by any chance?

Ben.

jamcgee11
4th Nov 2003, 23:59
HI ADAM,

IAM ALSO ON THE JULY 2004 COURSE...........sounds like you had the same treatment mate.........

james

AdamATC
5th Nov 2003, 03:29
Ben, James......

Thank God it's not just me, there are others that have been treated like sh*t out there too! It was a Mr Rex that offered me an early start then dissappeared, this was after he cocked up my address and sent important letters to the wrong places. When I found out that he'd left without contacting me I called NATS and asked for the name of the director of recruiting so I could write a letter to him.........three guesses who answered the phone.
:eek: "I know you're giving me a very good job but..............."

Well, will we be meeting in Jul 04? I know I have passed the medical and security clearances but the only written confirmation that I have is non comittal. Should you want to keep in touch before we start I'm on [email protected]

PGM, fraid I don't remeber too much about the testing as it was over a year ago now. I think I heard that the tests have changed format slightly since, but as with all mental and mathematical apptitude testing there is no substitute for practice and being genuinely numerate.:yuk: don't want to sound patronising! Good luck mate.

Regards to all, Adam.