PDA

View Full Version : Police pilot suspended

Desert Flower
31st Oct 2003, 12:02
A pilot with the Queensland police airwing has been suspended for allegedly flying too close to a commercial commuter plane.
Queensland Police Commissioner Bob Atkinson said an investigation was under way into claims of unprofessional and inappropriate conduct against the pilot.

DF.

Pass-A-Frozo
3rd Nov 2003, 13:47
Are the pilots in the Queensland Police Air Wing uniformed police or civvies brought in to fly for them?

PAF

Torres
4th Nov 2003, 05:56
Civilian pilots. And all excellent pilots. A very professional operation. :ok:

Pin Head
4th Nov 2003, 07:31
True to your name I see, Pin Head!!

Your information is totally incorrect in every respect.

Your post is slanderous and totally inappropriate on this forum.

Consider you've had your one and only warning!

Woomera :* :* :*

Pass-A-Frozo
4th Nov 2003, 08:23
Gee.. I wonder who Torres flies for :)

What the hell did Pinhead say? :eek:

lurch
4th Nov 2003, 08:30
its not like anyone is going to repeat it...

its just not the same around here anymore...idiots that type faster than they think have ruined it:ugh:

Torres
4th Nov 2003, 08:53
Torres flies an executive desk, as far from the Queensland Police as it's possible to get!!! :p

But Torres can recognise a totally professional operation when he sees one! :ok:

AdelaideBeachBum
4th Nov 2003, 16:49
I saw the Pin Head up posting linking a helicopter pilot called MxxC KXXXxXN to some sex case. Not sure if it was a prank, but PPrune pulled it super quick. So either it was true or a big prank.

Question is if true why did the moderator pull it without stating how he knew it was not fact.

If fact i donīt want my kids near the guy!

Whats the story on this one Moderator?

How was MxxC KXXXXXN linked to this and who is he?

What does he say?

Is he a real pilot?

Anybody heard of a MxxC KXXXXXN helicopter pilot?

Aussie Andy
4th Nov 2003, 17:58
if true why did the moderator pull it without stating how he knew it was not fact.Well I don't think its the job of PPRuNe moderators to determine what is true and what is not - but they do need to have their eye on potentially slanderous / libelous comments which could see PPRuNe enjoined in a legal action that they could doubtless do without!

donīt want my kids near the guyWell, if its true, neither do I: but as you are apparently based in the Maldives and I am in the UK then we don't need appear to need to worry about it do we? Leave it to the police IF it is a police matter.

Talk about lynch mob mentality!

Andy :D

AdelaideBeachBum
4th Nov 2003, 21:46
Desert Flower

I was born in the Maldives but earn my wages in SA now.

I agree with you that we done want a big brother thing on PPrune as all in all the moderator does a good job.

I guess we all want to know if there is another pervert loose, especially a police air wing guy?

Who was Marc Kempon anyway?

Is this a real name or a wind up story?

Woomera
5th Nov 2003, 03:49
Pin Head's ludicrous post directly named a purported helicopter pilot and made certain allegations of a criminal sexual nature which were potentially libellous and exposed PPRuNe to litigation. I do not know the pilot to whom Pin Head referred.

I was able to independently confirm three facts:

1 The named pilot in Pin Head's post, if he exists, does not and never has been employed by the Queensland Police Airwing.
2 The Queensland Police do not operate helicopters.
3 The alleged matter involving suspension of their pilot related to a very minor, internal operational matter.

I would hope Pin Head's post was a fictitious wind up in exceedingly poor taste.

Woomera

Aussie Andy
5th Nov 2003, 06:39
I was born in the Maldives but earn my wages in SA now.Well it seems you are safe then...

AdelaideBeachBum
5th Nov 2003, 08:11
Woomera

Thanks for the input and clarification.

Good effort.