PDA

View Full Version : What Makes A Good Route?

SALAD DODGER
30th Oct 2003, 23:48
IT SEEMS THAT YOU CAN GO HALFWAY AROUND THE WORLD WITH ONE CREW AND HAVE A TERRIBLE TIME. OR BE SENT TO THE DESERT ON YOUR NEXT AND HAVE NON STOP FUN.

SO WHAT IS IT THAT MAKES A GOOD ROUTE, AND DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY WAR STORIES TO PROVE IT?

Pontius Navigator
31st Oct 2003, 05:04
Fly with a good crew that wants to enjoy itself.

Met a couple of Victor navs in Singapore, sans Victor. Year later met same in Offut with Victor. Great time in Omaha with a Victor and Vulcan crew.

Departed for Goose and the Victor got there first. Winner got to buy the first round. After a few wets in the Canadian mess we made the American happy hour with minutes to spare. Filled the bar with BCs, literally. When that finished we went to a bottle party. 10 crew, one bottle, 160 oz of Baccardi.

In the BOQ all the birds were hanging around the room in flight suits. At which point I will leave the rest to your imagination.

StopStart
31st Oct 2003, 05:12
Three things required for a good route.

1) A good crew

2) An aircraft that knows where to go u/s

3) A good crew

I have no stories to tell. Not while I'm still in anyway :)

:ok:

The Aussies'll be on later no doubt with their take on what makes a good "route".....

Dunhovrin
4th Nov 2003, 20:34
Most definately who you're with - not where you are. Though having said that the sh!ttiest locations often produce the best p1ss-ups. Shared adversity and all that.

Pontius Navigator
5th Nov 2003, 04:07
and good allowances help. It always tastes nicer when someone else is paying.

Now the Hotel Heidi in Oldenburg. I think the manager pockets the 900DM as we checked in rather late.

Next day we were all (well almost all) in the jacuzzi when one of the crew came in late, stripped off into his underpants (it was a diversion) and got in too. Then we all stood up without and pants at all.

In the bar we all had dry underpants bar one <vbg>.

Dan Winterland
5th Nov 2003, 05:16
Agreed Dunny. One of my best trips was to the Falklands. great crew, great laugh. I also had a dull time in New Orleans due to the crew.

Dunhovrin
5th Nov 2003, 21:25
Ta Dan.

And as you know in civvie strasse places like San Fran and NY can be tres dull 'cos all the birds do is shop. Whereas the best room party I've had so far was in Lagos.

EESDL
5th Nov 2003, 23:03
What makes a good route?
A bad girl........alledgedly

brakedwell
6th Nov 2003, 00:52
Worst trip I ever did was to Acapulco with an all female crew. Three days with eight miserable hosties and a Goldie Hawn lookalike first officer. I was glad to get back to Bangor Maine and the Holiday Inn bar, male company, male jokes and cool cheap beer. Honestly!

Dan Winterland
6th Nov 2003, 05:27
Know that bar well :D

StopStart
6th Nov 2003, 06:12
:D The Holiday Inn, Bangor!
Was it a Thursday night?
That's usually scarier than payday in Reflections or the Grab-a-Granny at the Gander Hotel...

:)

brakedwell
6th Nov 2003, 13:53
Stopstart - Can't remember what day it was, drank too many pitchers of the amber nectar!

Mr C Hinecap
6th Nov 2003, 14:02
'Bangor, Maine' and 'amber nectar' in the same sentence? No accounting for taste. However - yes - pitchers of cold fizzy stuff then - if you're lucky and it is a Wednesday - over to Ladie's Night at the Ramada Inn over the road. Spent a few nights there Mullet Spotting. Happy daze.

BEagle
6th Nov 2003, 15:03
Sunday night was always the best at the Bangor Holiday Inn, Odlin Road! Spent many a pleasant nightstop there back in the days before the Fun Detectors reduced life to drudgery.

Once saw a Spotty M crew waiting for the coach to the airport - one little lovely who looked gorgeous opened her mouth and in a penetratingly loud and grating Essex voice exlaimed " Ah done wanna go 'a f*ckin' Mexico, ah jus' wonna go shoppin' 'ere!". Shattered the illusion, that did!

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
6th Nov 2003, 15:05
..and not forgetting the free popcorn