PDA

View Full Version : AviaJet

irishcc
30th Oct 2003, 22:09
Any update on the longhaul carrier for Aviajet for next Summer in Dublin ?

They have had Atlanta Icelandic for the last 3 years, but were meant to change to Icelandair - this deal has apparently fallen through.

Also, Nordic Airlink are meant to return with 2 MD83's - will this change now that they have been bought by Finnair.

Call Established
3rd Nov 2003, 03:53
I heard another Icelandic airline with 2 B734 and 1 Airbus based at DUB for next summer with longhaul.

charterguy
4th Nov 2003, 03:00
Sounds like the airline in question could be Islandsflug. Funny thing though is that Islandsflug is owned by the same people as Air Atlanta.

Anyone know why Atlanta have pulled their aircraft from Aviajet ? I guess the Irish want everything for nothing as usual.

irishcc
4th Nov 2003, 04:32
Air Atlanta has not pulled the aircraft!

The contract was for a 3 year duration which has now been completed. Seems like Atlanta are happy to be out of it also - -Aviajet seems a little unorganised.

Also, Aviajet are english...not irish !

charterguy
4th Nov 2003, 16:19
Irish CC

Also, Aviajet are english...not irish !

I know that, but they are selling to the tighfisted Irish travel market.

CG

FlyingIrishman
4th Nov 2003, 21:44
I always thought AviaJet was an Irish company operating with a Swedish AOC, does anyone know the exact setup?

rh15
4th Nov 2003, 22:03
For the record, Aviajet are an English company. They have no A.O.C. and use wet lease carriers to provide capacity for the Irish charter market. They are in their 4th year of doing this in Ireland.

The contract with Air Atlanta for the B767 comes to a amicable end this November. Icelandair were lined up to takeover but this contract has hit a snag.

Aviajet are negotiating with other carriers and they will have two 170 seater narrowbodies and one long haul widebody in Dublin next summer.

Woodman
5th Nov 2003, 02:54
I heard the 763 was transferred to the UK reg to fly for Excel to the Caribbean.

Whalerider
5th Nov 2003, 06:04
Yes, the B763 is now op for Excel out of LGW in their colours, but still TF-ATU reg.