PDA

View Full Version : What BA aircraft flies - Gatwick / Toulon?

You want it when?
30th Oct 2003, 21:48
Flying to the South of France in December - Gatwick/Toulon. Now earlier in the year the only thing flying into Toulon seemed to be Air France, who need to go via Paris (to pick up Gauloise I suspect) way too much trouble with short people.

The flight from BA is only twice a week and leaves Gatwick at a horrible time on Boxing day but it is reasonably priced.

So what aircraft is it going to be? I once flew from Brussels to Newcastle on Brasilia EM120 (I think) turbo prop nightmare - am I going to be on something like this again?

JetFan
30th Oct 2003, 21:57
According to BA's electronic timetable,

Flight BA6812 is an Airbus A320 operated by GB Airways.

Enjoy your flight :D

bealine
30th Oct 2003, 21:58
Toulon is served by GB Airways - a BA Franchise operating to the same high standards as BA itself.

The aircraft most likely to operate the route will be an Airbus A320 or A321, although GB still do have one or two Boeing 737's which they could substitute. In any event, the seating on these aircraft types is 3+3 (A & F Window seats, C & D Aisle Seats and B & E seats mean you meet two new friends!)

So, rest assured it will be a jet service - if you're lucky the Airbuses are really nice with bright, spacious cabins! Enjoy!:cool:

You want it when?
30th Oct 2003, 22:34
Merci - stunning fast service from PPRuners as ever. :ok:

JetFan
30th Oct 2003, 23:53
Glad to be of service :8 .... sorry my info wasn't as detailed as bealine's!!! :D

esportadude
6th Nov 2003, 00:57
Yup only 2 x 733 left now GBD and GBE and they will be going before 2004 is out. There are 8 A320s and 3 A321s. Have you converted to sail yet YWIW ?;)

You want it when?
6th Nov 2003, 17:04
Exportadude would I know you by another name? :D Sailing is for people who care about "Wind over Tide", me I'd rather have 500 HP and go that-a-way. :ok:

Thanks for the update on the fleet, I really did not want to fly a trubo-prop to the South of France.