PDA

View Full Version : Adventure and fun, anyone?

Vfrpilotpb
30th Oct 2003, 21:38
Hey chaps,

the King of Ogoni's daughter, one Princess Florence Akiga, has heard of my honesty and has E mailed me to help her get $31 million out of her country(Nigeria)

For that sort of dough I suppose we had better consider it , or would one of you chaps who may be on the doorstep like to do it and give me a small commission, I am sure this lady is genuine, for she speaks very highly of the English:E

rotordk
30th Oct 2003, 21:53
Take a look at these sick danish guys, who ....well, read for yourself

http://www.sickhumor.dk/Epost/Jose/index.html

MightyGem
30th Oct 2003, 21:53
Sorry Peter, you're too late. I took her up on her offer only last week. :=

Matelot B'stard
30th Oct 2003, 22:01
I've played this one before, why only last month I won £627,000 on El Gardo Spanish lottery, without even buying a ticket!! I proceeded to participate in a new office sport called "Internet baiting" just fix yourself up with a false name, I find Hugh G. Reckshun a particular favourite, and an e-mail address, and off you go. The rules are you must never disclose your finanical details, nor part with any cash. The object is two fold, either string these turkeys along as far as you can (my personal best is 12 e-mails) with extra points awarded for the best sob story you can throw in, or actually get some cash out of them, I think the record is $10 so far. Other bonus points awarded for most ridiculous job (see "any dolphin trainers out there?" for ideas) and of course best name.

The real point is that you get the satisfaction of messing these robbers around a bit, so that they are not ripping off the unwary.

Good luck:ok:

Anybody else play this sport? if not, give it a go, its dead easy and good fun. For those of you keen to have a go, but not lucky enough to have been contacted yet, just head for a financial investments website, under you assumede name / phoney e-mail and put notices on message boards that you have money to invest, they'll come and find you soon enough:E

Droopy
31st Oct 2003, 00:26
Strangely enough the same sort of thread on Jetblast (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106999) - it seems to be getting more and more common.

RDRickster
31st Oct 2003, 01:13
Funny... I just got a very similar e-mail about 2 minutes ago. However, the more these con artists send out these messages, the more they increase the number of victims. If they send out 100,000 messages to valid e-mail addresses, I'll guarantee that at least ONE person will respond. Some poor, trusting, kind sole will eventually give these guys their bank account and routing information. Then all their money will be taken. This is an old scam, and the State Department has been asking the government of Nigeria to find and prosecute these con men for years. Of course, nothing happens.

Ascend Charlie
31st Oct 2003, 03:50
Waddaya mean, nothing happens?

Just last night, cops arrested a person here in (blush!) Oz for being one of the leaders of The Nigerian Scam. He had been at it for years, and Channel 9 exposed him for being a leader. Raked off millions, one dude even admitted to giving this person $600,000 out of pure greed trying to make money. He even went to Africa four or five times! But mostly he targeted grannies.

RDRickster
31st Oct 2003, 04:38
That's good to hear; however, you won't find any action in Nigeria.

Flying Lawyer
31st Oct 2003, 06:43
A conman:

Someone who sells nothing for something to people who want something for nothing.

That definition was given to me by an old conman, many years ago. There's truth in it.

mattychopper
31st Oct 2003, 07:40
What are you all talking about? I had a delightful time in Nigeria, met some wonderful people, and now I'm flying my own new A-Star :cool:

BlenderPilot
31st Oct 2003, 09:20
I once spoke/emailed with on of those guys for months, it was fun he called my cell a couple of times and it was fun telling him I had trouble going to amsterdam to get the gold out of the bank next week so I would go in 15 days, and told him not to worry, I would take the 15K USD we needed to pay for the storage of the treasure, it was fun to see how desperate they can get.