PDA

View Full Version : New airline duo.com

mothtoaflame
30th Oct 2003, 19:33
Does anyone have any information/news on the new airline duo.com ex BHX which was seen recently advertising their fares /destinations in the broad sheets with advertising very similar to that of an internet only banking institution?

Findo
30th Oct 2003, 19:54
A pretty long established and conventional airline. Just changing direction

flyDUO (http://www.duo.com/en/)

sharpshot
30th Oct 2003, 21:05
and news is that they have their own exclusive in-flight caterers!

brabazon
30th Oct 2003, 21:31
Apparently duo have an insight into the future - since their web-site says that from November 1st the world is going to be a nicer place.

Seriously, good luck to all at duo - it'll be interesting to see how things pan out with BA now free to compete and with other airlines like City Airlines (to Gothenburg) offering competitive services.

philbozz
30th Oct 2003, 22:21
they used to be Maersk Air doing flights for BA, I think theyve got rid of being part of BA now.

HZ123
31st Oct 2003, 01:22
Most at BA wish them every success but it is sure going to be difficult with those inflated biz jets and all the other competition.

World Traveller
31st Oct 2003, 15:20
Today is the last day of Duo (nee Maersk Air UK, Brymon European, Birmingham Executive et al) being a BA franchise. They're advertising pretty heavily around Birmingham and have some reasonable (£65/sector, or £49 if you book by midnight tonite) fares available. Sure it'll be tough but the company has been in the BHX market for about 20 years so at least they should have the contacts for the corporate travel market and wotnot. Good luck to them.....

WT

Wing Commander Fowler
31st Oct 2003, 20:33
Manual loadsheets for the pilots......??? Whatever next? Probably make them disconnect the autopilot before landing .......

Don't stand for it guys!! hehe......

HZ123
2nd Nov 2003, 16:19
Bad news for the staff. Do these cutbacks not reflect the difficulty that Duo with relatively small aircraft will have to combat to be a success. IAm I right in understanding that there are now several other competitors including LC's on some of these routes and the likelyhood of BACX resurrecting a challenge.

Unfortunately BA will not shed any tears on the lose of the ground contract as again rumour has it BA would like to outsource the ground operation entirely.

stanley37uk
4th Nov 2003, 17:18
Hardly any of the EDI flights advertised to start 01/11 seem to have operated ??

GustyOrange
5th Nov 2003, 07:06
i'm pretty sure the FT reported today the CEO commenting on new routes from EDi next year.

Sorry for the lack of info, but I am pretty drunk.

Cheers

Gusty.

Call Established
7th Nov 2003, 05:41
It seems that only a handlful of the departures ex BHX and I mean a handful have reached double figures since the start on 01 NOV.

CRJ with 68J taking 5 to STR and 8 TO GOT etc....

Good luck to em its early days im sure they will suceed.

:ok:

boredcounter
9th Nov 2003, 01:05
Thanks for the support.

As the ex BA Airline that started all new routes for BA ex BHX for the past 5 Years, just how bad can it be, all we have lost is the BA name, Advertising, and World-wide booking ability.

Should have seen the loads as the franchise was over.

None of the above applied...........

BACX, have all the above to contend with, as usual, God speed BACX, Fortress LHR will take 'em all when required, pax that is.

Bored