PDA

View Full Version : F15C Question

Trick
30th Oct 2003, 18:21
Anyone out there currently flying or done an exchange on the F15c ?

I would like to know what type of cockpit clock is installed in the F15c , how accurate it is and where it is positioned on the instrument panel.

Further to the above, I have been told that every 10th production aircraft was fitted with some form of flight data recorder. Can anyone confirm this and, if so, give some idea of what it actually records.

FEBA
31st Oct 2003, 01:33
Ah yes, that'll be the Ford Cargo 15 tonne. I did an exchange on one with Bob the Builder's merchants. Super wagon many happy hours spent going up and down the A1 in it!
The clock (quartz I believe) was very accurate, positioned next to the stereo, I never missed a tea break.
The data recorder was good too and I was able to accurately work out my overtime claims with it. Hope this helps.
FEBA

Jackonicko
31st Oct 2003, 03:40
You're just being silly!

The F-15 designation is based on what clock it has.

eg: A Analogue
B Brietling
D Digital
I Israeli
S Sundial

What was it you wanted to know? The F-15C?

A cuckoo clock of course.

Quite accurate as long as you wind it properly, but a bit distracting......

Does the data recorder record the number of S-70s you shoot down, mistaking them for 'Hinds'?

SALAD DODGER
31st Oct 2003, 09:04
What a strange question to ask unless you are trying to get someone in the poo Mr ATC!

I have over 200hrs of F15 time and am an ace with a purple heart. I can confirm that there is a GPS time readout on the Multi Function Computer display. Which I guess would be about as accurate as you can get! However I have never noticed the clock as I am too busy looking over my shoulder to see if I am going to be Bounced by my Flight Commanders or Boss. I really better remove that flight sim covertly installed at work.

Jacko I need to download some more data to get the cuckoo function working, can you help?

Even us Brit pilots are issued watches, but are not allowed to have the stopwatch function as the Navs have taken them all, and we are not trusted with the extra button anyway.

As for the flight deck recorder if I press ctrl and S it seems to do the trick

Load Toad
31st Oct 2003, 11:12
Carriage clock; center of the dash next t' ash tray.

Whipping Boy's SATCO
31st Oct 2003, 13:37
The sort that doesn't survive a crash?

Gainesy
31st Oct 2003, 16:21
This clock thing has got to be a wind up.

Divergent Phugoid!
31st Oct 2003, 20:10
Watch out, the men in the Omega are out side, right on time!!

tick followed tock followed tick folowed tock...........

Dont tell me its a Trick question!!

:yuk: :yuk:

BEagle
1st Nov 2003, 01:41
Surely the trans-dimensional distortion of the space time continuum resulting from extended high IMN operation in dynamic frames of reference would render any on-board chronometer useless. As would the effect of high +Gz on quartz crystalline devices.

Hence no on-board clock - and in any case, no real fighter mate:yuk: would be without his Breitling Aerospace; titanium face, titanium nitride riders and bracelet. Chick magnet.

Not much use to spotty-yoof with his onanistic playstation, sorry!

Zoom
1st Nov 2003, 01:44
No, DP, it's a tick question...............

Jobza Guddun
1st Nov 2003, 21:07
Absolutely first rate humour gents, you've just had a very sick man coughing phlegm all over the place.....:yuk:

Still chuckling now.....

Divergent Phugoid!
3rd Nov 2003, 05:31
Zoom.. Sorry, I didnt realise that it was a Tick question. I can blame being as dim as a Tock H lamp on a large Glass of the Highland water! And no, not yet off my face!! (ouch!)

You would have thought that an 'Avia'tor would have known that to ask such a stupid question of Minute importance would result in receiving second hand information!! I know I shouldnt make fun of others but I am trying to make a clean sweep of things!!

(Jobza, sorry you are in poor health, must admit though, thought I had a hot spot on my lap tops screen, now I know what it is!! Get well soon!!)

:ouch: :ouch:

RRAAMJET
3rd Nov 2003, 11:30
The F-15E would be "egg-timer" , I presume? ;)

SALAD DODGER
3rd Nov 2003, 18:17
Were the crews in the older block jets over-cooking their eggs again?

In the Aircrew Manual it states "Remember to take into account the boiling point at altitude, and don't forget the soldiers." not a problem for me as I prefer my eggs a little runny.

Jackonicko
3rd Nov 2003, 18:22
Wouldn't they be more likely to be hard boiled at altitude?

Divergent Phugoid!
3rd Nov 2003, 18:32
Got it..... F15 C..... The C stands for Clock!!

SALAD DODGER
3rd Nov 2003, 18:36
Higher Alt = Lower boiling point ie. not at 100degrees! Try it.

Come on Jacko, your in-flight eggs must be rubbish...not going flying with you again.

FEBA
3rd Nov 2003, 18:41
Salad
A fundemental rule of physics is that a right angled triangle boils at 90 degs C. Not sure what, if any, effect that Boyles law would have on this. I only ever ate triangles at sea level !
FEBA

SALAD DODGER
3rd Nov 2003, 18:49
Perhaps thats why they started flying the F15 at low level!

Divergent Phugoid!
3rd Nov 2003, 18:54
Didn't think 500' was low level!!

:p :p

RRAAMJET
3rd Nov 2003, 21:12
FEBA

Boyles Law states that: "The eggs on a blonde Flight Attendant remain constantly un-fertilized depending on pressure and temperature if she has boils. This equilibrium can be upset by the interaction of your little soldier at altitude, or a catalyst such as 5 margueritas at standard atmosphere. So there."

This has nothing to do with the original thread, thank goodness. :}

Jackonicko
3rd Nov 2003, 21:13
Exactly! Lower boiling point, faster cooking time, less runny eggs.

Do keep up!

pulse1
3rd Nov 2003, 21:19
Jacko,

Over the years I have been impressed by your knowledge on many subjects. Science and cooking are not among them.

p1

FEBA
3rd Nov 2003, 21:35
Roger RJ
What's the difference between a blonde F/A and a supermarket shopping trolley????

The Shopping trolley has a mind of it's own !!!!

Now this is definately divergent!
FEBA
;)

SALAD DODGER
4th Nov 2003, 05:24
Do you think they have thought about the Clock on Eurofighter? Think about all that European colaboration, we could end up with the worlds most expensive and ultimate egg timer!

There are only two things that are certain in life:
-Death and Flight attendants...

Jacko its 'Boyles Law' not 'Boils Law'

RRAAMJET
4th Nov 2003, 05:57
FEBA:

The difference between a blonde F/A and a washing machine?

The washing machine doesn't follow you round for 3 months when you dump a load in it....

The EFA clock will, of course, be a standard MK1 Euro-Disney Mickey- Mouse clock. The French-made hands go backwards in combat. :E

SALAD DODGER
4th Nov 2003, 23:07
An man boards an Tristar on its way back to the UK, and takes his seat. As he settles in, he glances up and sees the most beautiful woman boarding the plane. He soon realizes she is heading straight towards his seat. A wave of nervous anticipation washes over him. Lo and behold, she takes the seat right beside his. Anxious to strike up a conversation, he blurts out, "So where are you flying to today?" She turns and smiles, and says, "To the annual Nymphomaniac Convention, in London."

He swallows hard, and is instantly CRAZED with excitement. Here's the most gorgeous woman he has ever seen, sitting RIGHT next to him, and she's going to a meeting of nymphomaniacs. Struggling to maintain his outward cool, he calmly asks, "And what's your role at this convention?" She flips her hair back, turns to him, locks onto his eyes, and says, "Well, I try to debunk some of the popular myths about sexuality." "Really" he says, swallowing hard. "And what myths are those?" She explains: "Well, one popular myth is that African American men are the most well-endowed when, in fact, it is the Native American Indian who is most likely to possess this trait. Another popular myth is that Frenchmen are the best lovers, when actually it is men of Jewish descent who romance women best."

"How very interesting," the man responds. Suddenly, the woman becomes very embarrassed, and blushes. "I'm sorry," she says, "I feel so awkward discussing this with you, and I don't even know your name." The man extends his hand and replies, "Tonto. Tonto Goldstein."

FEBA
5th Nov 2003, 01:02
RRamJet
3 months. Good lord, they gestate quickly in Texas. Does this explain Dubbya?? :\
Trying to maintain a tenuous link to this thread, can GW read a clock? Or fly an F15 (now I'm being daft, plain daft)?
FEBA

RRAAMJET
5th Nov 2003, 03:41
F orward E dge of B londe A rea:

not a lot explains Dubya - his Mom's face is on the tails of the Alaskan Airways jets - "...baby came out sideways - she didn't holler or nothin'..." ; but being still a Brit, I've no say in it anyway...

I have , however, flown with guys who flew with him on the F-102; he was joe-average, apparently. It didn't stay up long enough to justify a clock, I think...:hmm:

donald stott
5th Nov 2003, 03:55
Just checked the F15 C manual (4 Edition) and it clearly shows a diagram of a Homer Simpson clock. It has 3 different alarm calls:

1. Doh!!!!!!

2. I found it like that.

3. It wasn't me.

Earlier models were equipped with a Casio watch fitted to the instrument display panel with blue-tack. It was even water resistant to 50m.

SALAD DODGER
6th Nov 2003, 18:24
I thought I would save the Eurofighter Consortium some time and money and look in the Argos catalogue for them. Here is something to consider for the H block aircraft.

1) There is a matching pink heart shaped clock and photoframe for £9.99 -
The photoframe is a real bonus, because you always need somewhere on the dash to store the photo of your wife and kids (I have seen Top-Gun so no arguments)

2) There is also a Tigger(from Winnie the Pooh) alarm clock tht says "Its time for bouncing"- It might make up for the lack of a Navigator. Especially usefull for any agressor unit.

3) However I think I have found the ultimate fast-jet clock

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=1001&productId=62444

It could also be good in any K V's J Herc argument!

tony draper
6th Nov 2003, 18:46
Watched a amazing bit on the History channel the other night, F15 driver managed to get one home and land it with one of the wings missing.
Great stuff.

;)