PDA

View Full Version : Tickey Class Definitions

FairPayer
30th Oct 2003, 16:49
I would appreciate it if someone can point me to a website which defines the different ticket class's Airlines use.

PAXboy
30th Oct 2003, 21:42
As I understand it - they all make up their own. What each carrier decides is part of a ticket's 'class' is up to them and they place them into their terms of carriage.

The class of ticket covers many, many factors about changes, upgrades, refunds and these may have variations based upon the time before travel, who sold the ticket, how much was paid, if the first sector has already been travelled etc. etc.

Finding all of the class details for a given airline is possible but will take some time. Search their website, with some, you may have to make a phone call or direct request. If a ticket is sold on-line they have to provide all the relevant information to you.

Hartington
31st Oct 2003, 20:10
There is a list of class codes and their meanings published by IATA in one of their resolutions. Unfortunately, although most airlines stick to the "obvious" ones (e.g. F = First, C= Club) there are different amounts of variation in the back of the bus. One airline may use B for their deepest discount economy while another may use B for a changeable economy fare. I believe both Oneworld and Star have standardised class meanings across their member airlines but they don't both use the same definitions.