PDA

View Full Version : Low minimums

8 8th's Blue
30th Oct 2003, 09:41
Just a question directed to those in the know, Checking out a few aviation mobs on the internet the other day and noticed a couple of regionals have fairly low minimum requirements by comparison. One in particular stated only 200 ME command. This mob was RPT only. So how would one go with progression to command, assuming he/she was employed with less than 500 ME command

88b:confused: :confused:

StraightnLevel
30th Oct 2003, 19:23
From my understanding you dont need 500 M/E command to fly RPT, although to command an a/c above 5700kg you do. These companies need F/O's who wont mind sitting in the right seat for a while. So if you dont want to be an F/O for life find a company who offers ICUS or join with the multi time.

hope that answer's the mob's question:ok:

redsnail
30th Oct 2003, 23:50
Have a flick through the CAO's. In particular section 82.
CAO 82.3 covers low capacity RPT. There you need to have your 500 hours in command of ME aircraft to be a captain of a +5700 kg aircraft.
I *think* CAO 82.5 covers high capacity RPT ops. You don't need 500 hours in command of ME aircraft. ie +38 seats.

Kiwi Flyer
31st Oct 2003, 18:44
Different sort of flying I know, but I hired a 250 hour pilot at the start of the year. He's turned out to be a great pilot, and he's just about to crack his 1000 hours. It's funny how every one wants minimum this and minimum that, but a good pilots a good pilot in my book.

Cheers

KF