PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Australia Airlines employment

Toodogs
30th Oct 2003, 09:22
Hello All,

I am considering applying to Eastern Australia Airlines and am interested to know what their pay and conditions are like.

I have 3,500TT with about 1,300 (800 PIC) on Kingair including a stint as CP (with an earlier employ) and currently hold a supervisory pilot position. Is this in the ball park?

A long term regional airline position is what I am interested in. Something my family and I can settle into (South-eastern Oz is where we want to be).

I beleive that their recruitment is done through StaffCV. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Hugh Jarse
30th Oct 2003, 15:28
Gidday Toodogs,
Salary starts at $38647 as an F/O under training. This progresses to first year salary of $45467 after 3 months or check to line (whichever comes first).

Captains start on $72303 and progress to $81955 at the end of the line.

On top of that you need to factor in overnights (minimum 3 per month) and meal allowances. Say approx $5k on top of your base salary, give or take.

Current port basings are SY, ML and MIA.

Provided you have passes in your ATPL subjects, your flying experience exceeds the minimum required.

You will need to prepare for the QF stage 1 (P&S), which you will need to get through before you progress to stage 2. You can do a search here for what's involved, or have a bit of a look on the QF website. There are worked examples somewhere under pilot recruitment.

Stage 2 entails a sim ride and interview with 2 company reps (usually a manager and a captain).

Recruiting is about to start again, so head on over to StaffCV and throw your hat in the ring.

Good luck.

DEAD ZONE
31st Oct 2003, 07:05
Get yourself a good type rating on the 737 and stop flying around propellers pal, get with the times and get more money.

I went from the 20000 feet stuff, bouncing around in the dark getting bad money up to the 40000s with Virgin Blue and its great!!

No weather, young chicks to feed me, etc... IF I AM LUCKY!!!

Coooooooooooool Dude!!!

Ring Flight Safety and get a type rating ASAP as we need more guys in NZ

Boomerang
31st Oct 2003, 07:43
DEAD ZONE,

As much as many guys who are now flying piston and turboprops would love to fly for Virgin, do you know how much a Flight Safety 737 NG type rating would cost? Although, whilst I'm there I may just get an A320 type rating in case the QF LCC would like me to have one, oh and a 717 type rating can't go astray.

Seriously, I'm sure we'd love more ratings to become more employable, but its' not like getting a B-58 or C-310 rating in addition to your initial instrument rating. This is serious cash, and it is a gamble none the less.

hoss
31st Oct 2003, 08:16
I thought this was about Eastern Australia Airlines recruitment.

DEAD ZONE get with the program and pull your head in mate, did it ever occur to you that Toodogs might be looking specifically for work in a large Regional Airline,something about quality of life! :rolleyes:

Safe flying, hoss:)

Willie Nelson
2nd Nov 2003, 22:35
Easy boys,

This guy is having a lend, Yeah........!

Toodogs
3rd Nov 2003, 09:30
Thank-you for the positive replies.

IORRA
3rd Nov 2003, 13:58
G'day Hugh

Thanks for the info. Do you know if the sim ride is in the 'microflite' or the Dash sim these days?

Ta,
I

Chocks Away
3rd Nov 2003, 16:32
The mighty Microflight :}
:ok:

Boomerang
3rd Nov 2003, 16:36
And under the prerequisites:

What is a GPS basic qualification (logbook stamp required)

Is this GPS NPA approval, or a basic GPS/DME arrival qualification?

Hugh?

Chocks Away
3rd Nov 2003, 17:26
You'll be "NPA'd" through Sim. & Line training and flying, as it is now the "choice cut" of expeditious approach the Dash uses all'round.

It's the stamp from the/a "GPS Ground Instruction completed in accordance with CAO 40.2.1 App iv, for the purposes of CAO 40.2.1 para 13.6"...:yuk: which you may have hopefully completed elsewhere.

..Hangin' HughJ ? :ok:

Hugh Jarse
4th Nov 2003, 05:17
Gidday IORRA,
in the Microflite "at the moment". It is up for sale.

Boomerang, Chocks Away explained it. You need a basic GPS En-Route qualification pre-employment. NPA training + check is completed (usually) some time after your check to line.

Chocks. Gidday:ok: T.B. and V.D.:}

Hugh Jarse
5th Nov 2003, 03:55
Cruise, I'm not 100% certain, but I think you can have another crack at it after 12 months. If you passed the P&S (stage 1) you won't need to do it again. Just the sim and interview/s (stage 2).

If you missed out stage 2, you probably have a contact from the interview ;) . I would consider phoning that person through his secretary and getting it from the horse's mouth.

If that's the case it's just a matter of keeping your app updated at whatever interval is required.

Good luck.

P.S. Dead Zone, I'm happy flying around at 20000' and enjoying better conditions in my Dash 8 in Oz. Plus I bet my lifestyle is better :} :}