PDA

View Full Version : Cap371

Ruffles1960
29th Oct 2003, 22:25
Does anyone think CAP371 rules make for tired crew? I am new to the airline industry and this week I am literally on my 'last legs'.Can somebody tell me if they think a Palma and a Mahon followed by an unro then standby can possibly be legal??? I'm just so tired.

bacardi walla
29th Oct 2003, 22:40
Think you need to expand on the duty times and rest periods involved. My guess is that what you have just done IS legal but without the facts, well, it's hard to say.

Ruffles1960
29th Oct 2003, 22:45
Hi Barcardi

I had 2 days rest before each duty. Mahon Monday, Palma wed, unro thu, sb fri.

Celtic Goat
29th Oct 2003, 22:58
Ruffles.
What time starts were involved???
were they earlies. lates, nightflights?????
Presume "unro" is yr co terminology for rest day after nt flt???
Were u called on stby??
Where were flights from??
After all, PMI from GLA is worse than PMI from LGW!!

Ruffles1960
29th Oct 2003, 23:03
Afternoon Palma, Afternoon Mahon, 8hrs fdp each followed 48hrs rest.unro day after(rest day) then a standby for 8hrs, 15 hrs after rest day.I never got called out on standby but I went to the gym, maybe that's why I am a bit more tired.Is a 24hr duty week realistic?? I thought 2 flights a month was the maximum.I thought you could only depart downroute under 10hrs.Am I in the wrong job.I used to work part-time as a garderner.

Celtic Goat
29th Oct 2003, 23:08
Ruffles.
Presume yr posting this as a wind up??

U really expect anyone to agree that 8hrs Mon, 8 hrs Wed, and nothing else until weekend is busy?????

Talk to the mugs (guys/gals) in a Ops/Crewing department.
12 hr shifts, 4 or 5 days in a row (days & nights).

Maybe u joined this industry thinking it would sound good in the nightclubs...
WAKEUP CALL!!!!!

Easy week doesn't even start to describe this.
Swap with u any day!!

Go back to gardening, or better yet Tesco/Boots (after all, Xmas is coming!).

bigredbin
29th Oct 2003, 23:11
Looks like you had a nice quiet week. Suggest you go back to gardening

Ruffles1960
29th Oct 2003, 23:28
Thanx for the advice guys, I know you work hard in crewing/ops and put up with alot of hassle.The thing is, I used to watch Mile High on Sky 1 and thought the job was like that.I thought you had nightstops on ALC and PMI and got drunk with female models drinking San Miguel all day.On one episode they met swedish cabin crew downroute and the company let them stay with them for 1 week.I know now that isn't the case.In 4 months of flying I haven't even had time to pull the toilet chain on flights.Have you heard if Boots are taking people on??There is not muchgardening this time of year.PS Still tired

Celtic Goat
29th Oct 2003, 23:31
Interesting reasons for joining the job.

Seriously, though, would suggest u look long'n hard for
alternate career path, as u won't get weeks like this very often.

In most of them, you'll have to work!

bacardi walla
30th Oct 2003, 00:00
May I suggest that you avoid the gym for a while? Flying, even on short sectors, can be tiring if you are not used to it. On the facts that you have given us, I'd say you need to go back and take another look at your career move. When you go to work, your employer actually expects you to work ! http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/sleep2.gif

Mind you, you could always get a job in Crewing or Ops and then you would find out what working long hours is really all about http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/mcqueen.gif

waco
30th Oct 2003, 01:47
Hi Ruffles

Whats with all these "wind up" post's then ....

Big Tudor
30th Oct 2003, 18:37
There is evidence to suggest that operating to CAP371 can actually be conducive to an increase in fatigue. However, Ruffles has made a good job of belittling that discussion with stupid, childish comments.

Ruffles - do us all a favour and bu66er off to the CBBC web site where I think you will find the intellectual levels slightly closer to your own.:mad:

JB007
31st Oct 2003, 04:16
Guys, read the big red sentence at the bottom of the page!

Pitot Heater
3rd Nov 2003, 22:14
An addition to Recovery Time, Days Off, Leave, Job-share, Sunny-Day-'Sickness', "my cat's broken it's whisker" 'Compassionate Leave' and 'Available Days' (that are no longer available to the company) 'Recreational Time' is likely to appear on our C/S rosters in the near future, this probably following a successful implementation of 'Milk Morning' to all F/D rosters.

Big Tudor - if only I could still transfer a few phone-calls to your desk!

RIP BAL-OPS

bagpiper
21st Nov 2003, 01:12
It would seem that this is a wind-up. There is no way that any crew could blame CAP371 on being fatigued after such an "easy" week.

Celti Goat - You are a GOAT alright. Who do you think you are calling Ops Guya/Gals "Mugs"? People like you infuriate me! Theres no need for stupid name calling like that. We're all in the same idustry. And we're all here to make a living! Shut it!