PDA

View Full Version : The demise of G-DMCA

BN2A
28th Oct 2003, 18:07
Any of you out there who use Staff Jest at EGCC will know that G-DMCA is looking sorrier and sorrier almost every day. :(

What's happening, and has happened... to it, and on it? And what stories are there about people on it, activities on it (?):ooh:, and any other stories from up and down route?

Let the reminiscences commence.....

:sad:

Dr Illitout
28th Oct 2003, 23:57
I can't imagine the airport will want it broken up there, it's a bit public!!!. But its going to cost a bit just to "One flight" it out of there!. I think that someone at Monarch has slipped up!

TURIN
29th Oct 2003, 22:06
Has it not just been used as a training aid for your structural repair course Dr?

As for one flighters. Remember the Air Ops Tristars?

:ooh: :\

Dr Illitout
31st Oct 2003, 01:15
Latest rumour on G-DMCA is that it IS being broken up and parts are going to the aviation viewing park!. I have also heard that there will be a display there centered around a bent hang glider!!!.

TURIN
12th Nov 2003, 02:10
It was my arm that broke! The hang-glider is in perfect working order and is available on ebay!! It's a bit smelly though. :O

Dr Illitout
24th Nov 2003, 15:35
A quick up date on G-DMCA.
Yesterday I popped down to have a look at her. She is now sitting on her belly and awaits the J.C.B's!!. I wonder how they got her onto her belly after they took the gears out???. Will keep you all posted and will TRY to get some pictures.
RGDS Dr I.

Torres
26th Nov 2003, 10:50
What is and where is G-DMCA? :confused:

Bus429
26th Nov 2003, 13:19
G-DMCA is/was a DC-10 Monarch Airlines (the UK charter airline) purchased in 1996. They used it primarily on the Florida run along with 757s and A300s.

The aircraft was formerly with Zambia Airways and was parked at Greensboro, North Carolina (TIMCO) when Monarch bought it. After a "C" check, it went into service operating from both MAN and LGW. It was withdrawn from service about two years ago and parked at MAN.

The toilets were a constant maintenance headache as was the cabin, particularly the MUX system. I think the first three "A" checks it had during its tenure with Monarch resulted in an engine change on each (Nos. 3, 1 and then 2).
Hope that clarifies this topic.;)

newswatcher
26th Nov 2003, 16:26
De-registrations 27/10/2003 - 09/11/2003

Mark - G-DMCA
Type - DC-10-30
Removal reason - DESTROYED

In better times http://www.geocities.com/xplanelgw/zbdc10.jpeg