PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else got a guardian angel?

Ascend Charlie
28th Oct 2003, 15:36
has anybody else ever felt That Feeling - the hairs come up on the back of your neck, and deep inside your scone, something says "This isn't right."

I have had it happen 4 times to me now - twice while flying helos on powerline inspections, and twice driving a car. Each time, the feeling has saved me from a serious accident or death.

On powerlines, it has made me feel so uncomfortable, I had to stop all forward progress and hover, and then after a few seconds, we would see a powerline crossing our flight path which would have taken out the rotor.

In the car, I have suddenly slowed down, making the other passengers look at me to ask what I was doing, then suddenly a sheet of steel flew off a passing truck and would have sliced through the cabin; or I crept around a blind corner to be head-on to a front-end loader with the blade at face height.

OK, who else has had the hairs of their @ss saved by the hairs on their neck? (Or had their neck saved by the hairs on their @ss?):ooh:

Vfrpilotpb
28th Oct 2003, 16:51
My Guardian Angel, normally whispers in my ear just as I find an empty strech of road and start to pour fuel, so I back off,
and lo what do I see hidden in the laybys, a funny coloured car with the occupant(s) trying not to look at me!

So yes something is there but could it be called " Sixth Sense" rather than an Angel, after all when Alan Shepard stepped onto the Moon that somewhat took away the feeling of Heaven being up there!
:ok: