PDA

View Full Version : Brazzaville

Nineiron
28th Oct 2003, 13:04
A few months ago a Canadair CL44 aircraft was reported parked at BZV. Can anybody tell me if it is still there, if so what sort of condition it is in and perhaps msg me with any contact in the military I can speak to about this aircraft. There is believed to be only one of these magnificent freighters left flying out of the 39 that were built. The Swingtail Association is very interested in recovering and preserving any of the remaining aircraft.

Oceanic
30th Oct 2003, 15:32
Was not there on either occasion I flew in recently. I do have another trip early December and will make relevant enquiries and pm you.

Nineiron
31st Oct 2003, 01:48
Thanks Oceanic. Its either flying or been chopped up then? pm with more details of last sighting.

1st Nov 2003, 16:52
I saw this aircraft a few years ago and it does plenty of flying. Dont think its been chopped up, unless somebody dinged it.

Nineiron
1st Nov 2003, 20:07
Thanks for the encouragement 126.7, but a lot of aircraft have been damaged from hostile action in the last year or so. This aircraft was last seen early summer this year, still bearing a single blue stripe and a half blue tail (the old Tradewinds livery without the name) s/n 37, last known registration TN-235

JJflyer
2nd Nov 2003, 01:26
Found Picture of the bird. About a year and a half old.

Nineiron, check your Email.

Cheers

JJ