View Full Version : HELP: Virgin Blue Training

TrafficBoy
28th Oct 2003, 11:26
Hi guys

Just a question from all you DJ cabin crew out there...

Ive been accepted by Pacific Blue to begin Cabin Crew training, starting on the 10 NOV, and it is to be conducted by Virgin Blue trainers here in CHC. Everyone's guess is that we are going to be trained in virtually [if not entirely] in the same way as Virgin Blue F/A's, sooooooooo I am wanting to ask about the wet drills:

What is involved, and if you look more like a floundering baboon in the water rather than an olympic swimmer are they going to fail me from the course? I can cope with the basic swimming stuff, I just need to know for peace of mind what is covered on the Wet Drill Day!

ALL YOUR HELP AND RESPONSES WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Ta guys!

Wirraway
28th Oct 2003, 12:06
TrafficBoy

LOL, You should get down to your local pool and practice
your dogpaddle. here's a shot of your latest Pacific Blue
aircraft delivered from the U.S. last Thursday to give you
encouragement, Goodluck.

Photo: Pacific Blue VH-VOQ on finals to BNE for the first time.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=171405

Wirraway

TSSOV
28th Oct 2003, 12:52
congratulations Traffic Boy!

good luck with the wet drill:D

smile
28th Oct 2003, 13:02
Trafficboy,

Don't stress too much about the wet drill. You will be trained on all the theory before you even have to put on a bathing suit.

As for looking like a 'floundering baboon' in the water-- don't worry-- so will everyone else. It's really hard not to look silly when you have a bright yellow lifejacket choking you around the neck, and you are trying to drag another lifejacket bound person the width of the pool.

If what I have heard is correct you have a couple of really great trainers coming over to train you. These people have practically given up their lives to get Pacific Blue off the ground- so take thier motivation on board and I may see you in the sky.

love SMILE

TrafficBoy
28th Oct 2003, 15:56
OH guys...

thanks so much for the feedback... everything seems to be turning out just fine and dandy - right from recruitment day where I had an absolute BLAST, right through the tense 5 weeks of not knowing whether I was in or out and now, its only a week and a half until we begin our training!

I CANT WAIT, and to be a part of the Virgin Group - even if its not in our name - will be such an advance in my career!

SMILE: I take it we get to wear life jackets in the pool? PHEWF what a relief - even if i DO HAVE TO BLOW IT UP MYSELF BY MOUTH, if its gonna keep me from swallowing enough chlorine to cleanse my body of all toxins i have had or will ever have enter my body for the rest of my life, THEN BRING IT ON! and its still being confirmed whether we come over to AUS to do a bit of familling before the 1 FEB startup date, but if we do, you'll havta keep an eye out for me - I'll be the one with the red eyes (because I forgot to close them during the wet drills)

thanks heaps

TrafficBoy [well, almost an ex traffic boy - only one week left of life on the ground!]

Inflight BBQ's
9th Nov 2003, 07:03
TrafficBoy,

Don't stress mate. The trainers that are coming over are pretty cool and will help you out wherever you need it.

As for the wet drill, I swim like a brick and didn't have any drama's when I started with Virgin Blue. So don't panic!!!

Best of luck with Pacific Blue (Or Virgin Bro' as we call it over here!)

Regards,

Inflight BBQ's

:}

TrafficBoy
9th Nov 2003, 10:14
BRILLIANT! thanks heaps! We were invited along to the big press release on Friday, where we met Richard Branson, and we also met our trainers... EVERYONE IS JUST SOOOOOOOOOOO NICE, and I cant wait until tomorrow now! the 3 trainers are AWESOME, and I can see that we are going to have a LOAD of fun!

Pleased to know that the wet drills arent as much of a drama as im psyching myself into! I will soldier on thru it IM SURE!

Hey, thanks for everything, and i hope that us 'virgin bro' guys get to meet you original 'blue' guys! Its gonna be so cool to known as Group One for Pacific Blue! WAHOOBA!