PDA

View Full Version : What are my chances...

Tonic Please
28th Oct 2003, 04:45
In flying the first Airbus A380? As most may know, I am the most determined wannabe on this website and when I make it, will I have much chance of flying the 380? When is it rolling out into commercial service?

Smooth skies,

Dan

GrantT
28th Oct 2003, 06:42
"What are my chances..."

Your chances are non-existant. :rolleyes:

Speedbird252
28th Oct 2003, 15:48
"..........as much chance as a fox has of being caught by a pack of one legged hunting tortoises......."

;)

scroggs
28th Oct 2003, 16:58
The first flight is scheduled for late 2005, I believe, and it will be flown by test pilots with years of experience in large airliner development flying. Unless you can manage to get around 30 years of such experience crammed into the next 18 months, can get yourself employed by Airbus, and can manage to hobble all those pilots senior to you, you have no chance.

The aircraft is due to enter service in 2006 with Virgin, Emirates, and lots of others. It's likely to be in service for around 25-35 years. If you're lucky, you'll fly it within the next 15 years and make command before it retires.

Tonic Please
29th Oct 2003, 00:35
Thanks Scroggs. Notso, I dont smoke but all in fun I presume.

I was not thinking I would be flying it Im not that bloody idiotic. I was hoping to get a response like Scrogss' where I got some realistic predictions assuming I am lucky.

Thanks all anyhow...

Dan