PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Air Quality - Industry position BLOWN!

DEAD ZONE
27th Oct 2003, 16:06
If you have not seen the new AOPIS documentary on Aircraft Air Contamination get a copy! It had my FULL attention for 50 minutes and the industry position of "no worries mate, shes right" is BLOWN, they knew crews were getting sick and didnt care and apart from sacking crews who get effected do little to resolve it!

AOPIS has been set up as a trust by the AFAP and I understand is made up of sick crews mostly from Australia and mostly from the 146.

The film was great and I will never trust industry again.

If you want to know more go to the AOPIS website at:

http://www.aopis.org/documentaryrelease.html

146 pilots rock
27th Oct 2003, 19:17
I agree with Deadzone

I saw the doco last weekend and having spent years of my life on the 146 breathing in the nice perfumed air I will be passing on the info to my doctor.

The doco reminds me of the Brockovich v PG&E case!!

Well done AOPIS and the AFAP for getting the message out.

If you fly the 146 or commercial jet aircarft you NEED to watch this. So many of us like I did, burried our heads in the sand.

THESE FUMES ARE TOXIC!!!!!

The_Cutest_of_Borg
28th Oct 2003, 09:40
Shouldn't your user name now be "146 pilots Hack?"... sorry.. couldn't resist! ;)

Life On Mars
30th Oct 2003, 01:45
Just ask any ex Ansett 146 driver if dirty socks or as you call it rotten eggs was a familiar fragrance on the 146 and ask any NJS 146 driver for an honest answer on how often they smell the socks& eggs- The key criteria being HONEST.

Just ask them hw often they report the fragrance as a tech defect and agian ask for the truth.

It's out there!!

For that matter why not ask Fly BE & TNT drivers as well & the rest of them & B757, MD80 pilots as well....

Signing off for another trip through space.

Superonicdreamgirl
31st Oct 2003, 03:33
Listen up folks, I understand that 8 NJS crews are in legal talks to issue a class action against NJS, in view of the fact they have accepted they cannot provide a safe working environment.

Great news, shame they dont all do it!

Fly Virgin Blue, newer cleaner planes. (I shopuld know I used to fly the gas chamber but now sit in Boeing luxury!)

Is it seal design 9 or 10 at the moment!!!!

DEAD ZONE
3rd Nov 2003, 19:10
Mate of mine flew on a NJS146 the other day as a passenger and the plane smelt real bad. When he asked the stewardess what the story was, she said the pilots will not write it up!

Gutless or what!

DEAD ZONE
13th Nov 2003, 01:42
Whats the "FULL" story about NJS admitting it could not provide a safe working enevironment and getting crews to sign saying they accept these working conditions?

What is CASA doing about it?

flying fruit bat
13th Nov 2003, 04:54
Dead Zone

All I can say is that your mate is talking a load of crap.
There are strict rules applied from C.A.S.A in regard to cabin fumes and they must be followed accordingly.
So if what your mate says is true then the operating crews are in breach of company policy, which I find hard to believe.

F.B

Superonicdreamgirl
14th Nov 2003, 00:11
Yeah sure, we are all good boys and girls who write up all the defects.

Are you kidding me or what!

If you write anything up then its bye bye time. We know what happended to Nevan so its a no brainer!

Get with the real world!!

VIRTUALLY NOTHING GETS WRITTEN UP!

flying fruit bat
14th Nov 2003, 06:02
Supersonicdreamgirl

Another BULL SH** post.
The case you refer to was settled in court and all I can say is that if you allow the situations that you say are happening to happen then you are lacking in your duties as part of the operating crew.
Everyone is required to report this problem "if" it happens and if you don't then you are breaking the law and can be held accountable.
So my advise to you is that if it happens to you then you should refuse to fly the aircraft until the appropiate inspections have been carried out.
Just my 2 cents worth.

javascript:smilie(':ok:')
Thumb
F.B