PDA

View Full Version : Groundstar Up For Sale

one truevoice
27th Oct 2003, 07:01
Anyone know anthing about the rumours Groundstar has been bought out?

Who by? How much? Will they continue as normal?

Rumour has it a major force in the handling world has bought them.

JB007
27th Oct 2003, 20:51
I heard Groundstar had been bought by Swissport. Know nothing about price etc etc...

one truevoice
28th Oct 2003, 05:07
What do Swissport want with a relativley small fry handling agent as Groundstar?

Will they leave Groundstar as they are now, or bring them under the Swissport banner?

carbootking
29th Oct 2003, 02:58
menzies cargo heard that one today

ohitsmonday
29th Oct 2003, 03:46
otv,

Maybe smallfry but it would get them into the UK and would expect rename to Swissport . Having said that, have heard there's stuff going on at G*, but nothing more than that. Will watch with interest.

In trim
30th Oct 2003, 15:00
Totally agree.....a sensible acquisition, if true, and an immediate presence at LGW and STN.

No comment
31st Oct 2003, 02:50
I thought Swissport were already active at least at LHR? Aren't they the ones striking this weekend?

bacardi walla
31st Oct 2003, 03:03
Maybe Ryanair are buying them so as to go 100% self handling at STN :mad:

Chef
2nd Nov 2003, 04:18
G* have not been bought out yet but its looking on the cards, they would be an ideal aquisition for entry into the Uk market with LGW,STN,NCL,MAN,BHX. They have craked the FR product when no one else could, there a good bunce.

Barcadi walla, ryanair could not cope with the size operation @ STN!!!!!!

ohitsmonday
8th Nov 2003, 07:54
No comment,
Wrong!! (me) didn't realise they were already in LHR, but as chef says, gets them in most (all) other important UK airports.
Still watching with interest

surely not
10th Nov 2003, 05:57
So long as they change that dreadful uniform! Whoever put those colours together must have been tripping on something illegal.

one truevoice
13th Nov 2003, 05:37
Seems everything has gone quite at the moment. Swissport seems favourite, however surely something should have been published ny now?

pinni
14th Nov 2003, 00:32
sorry to change the subject, but does anyone know when they will be recruiting at man. And what is the pay like?

one truevoice
14th Nov 2003, 03:49
I would imagine that they will be recruiting in time for the summer season next year. As for money, no idea, Manchester is not known for its massive hadling agent wages.

Maybe if this Swissport buy out actually transpires and they get some new contracts at MAN recruiting may happen earlier. My advice is keep your ear to the ground. Or ring their Admin / HR office, I would ring the main switchboard at MAN and get the number that way.

Good Luck

rampman
18th Nov 2003, 03:32
:eek: groundstar have been bought out by swiss port there was a bit meeting today at MAN between swiss port and MAplc but no idear what about untill tomorrow :uhoh:

one truevoice
25th Nov 2003, 05:55
Has any one heard anything more on this yet. There was meant to be a meeting last week according to this forum and also a signiture was meant to be on the paperwork by Friday, but still no announcement??????

sweety
25th Nov 2003, 18:39
Pinni, I think they are recruiting in Man at the moment, salary about £14000. Have a look in their website!