PDA

View Full Version : O.E. e-mail account passwords 'not remembered'

exeng
27th Oct 2003, 02:34
Every time I log on to Outlook express or MS Outlook I have to re-enter the passwords on all my e-mail accounts. This is despite ticking the box 'remember password' in 'servers' .

Running 'XP home', on a laptop. No problem with 'XP home' on my desktop.

Apologies for bothering you kind souls again but has anybody got any ideas?

Perhaps I should have stuck to plumbing!!

Regards
Exeng

Naples Air Center, Inc.
27th Oct 2003, 04:03
exeng,

Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264672&Product=winxp)

See if this solves your problem.

Take Care,

Richard

exeng
27th Oct 2003, 05:08
Thanks again, you really are a star. I'll give it all a try and let you know how I get on.

Hopefully I won't have to report back that I'm using this laptop as a fancy doorstop, although reading that article gives me cause to believe I may be getting out of my depth somewhat.
:\

Regards
Exeng

Naples Air Center, Inc.
27th Oct 2003, 05:45
exeng,

If for some reason you corrupt your OS, which is highly unlikely, we can walk you though a repair and even a fresh install, so there is little chance we will turn your notebook into a paperweight.

Take Care,

Richard

exeng
27th Oct 2003, 06:13
Many thanks again. I followed the instructions to the letter and was thankful for a successful outcome.

I had spent a couple of hours or so trying to sort the problem out by looking in 'help' files etc. Complete waste of time. I wonder why this 'bug' exists in this version of XP and not in my earlier version on my desktop. Life is full of mysteries eh!

Regards
Exeng

Naples Air Center, Inc.
27th Oct 2003, 06:41
exeng,

I am just glad you are all set now. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Take Care,

Richard