PDA

View Full Version : BASAIR / CAMDEN Australia

gareth08
26th Oct 2003, 22:03
Hi there

Have been looking at details from Basair flight training school for CPL/IR training in Austrlia. Also been looking at a couple of schools based at Camden airport.

I know that Camden is a little less busy (less cost due to traffic) and that Basair is at Bankstown airport (little busier, but better experience in traffic and ATC).

Has anyone any experience with either Basair or any of the schools based at Camden? Any advice on which would be better to train at for good quality training with a reasonable price?

Thanks

Gareth.

TubularBells
26th Oct 2003, 23:16
I can't comment any of the schools at Camden, but if it's worth anything, I went to Basair to get my PPL and found them to be very professional. They've got a good range of planes available and the instructors are top class.

I spoke to a couple of the students on their CPL at the time and they seemed to be very happy with their training. One thing to note that I found a little strange though was that they were completing their CPL training before their ATPLs. I'm not sure if this is simply a CASA thing or whether it was simply Basair's structure.

I love the fact it had three runways, made it alot more exciting when turning onto finals, lots of practice making sure your're keeping to that centreline!!

The school itself is quite small, they've got four classrooms if memory serves me, a main reception room and a pre-flight area with a couple of terminals for getting weather etc.

For info, CASA NSW is located at Bankstown aswell as I had my license given to me there (they produced it in a couple of hours!).

I found the level of training to be of a high standard and a good grounding for moving back to the UK.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Tubularbells

troposurfer
29th Oct 2003, 03:44
yo gareth08,

checkout my reply at the end of the "hours building australia" posts. I did a couple of hours in in a Beech BE24R with them. They seemed to be OK guys, a lot of the instructors are very young though. They had good facilities and classrooms and a/c were OK too. Bankstown is the best bet if are living/staying in central SYDNEY and using public transport. Catch train the Bankstown station on Bankstown line ( you can use another line if my menory serves me but don't know which one) and then Take 935/6/7 bus to Marion St which drops you 200m from Basir front door. I did this trip a couple of times from Central station and Town Hall. Can be a pain in the Ar@e waiting for the bus though.

Bankstown and Cabramatta are not the nicest places in town though. Not somewhere to go with the video camera or take piccies!

All the best

Tropo

A and C
30th Oct 2003, 02:16
Some years back I rented an aircraft from Basair , it was my first time flying in australia and they could not have been more helpfull.

As people to do business with I found them first class and can see no reason to think that there training should be otherwise.