PDA

View Full Version : Legal help needed

albert the first
26th Oct 2003, 13:43
Does any one know of a good solicitor that deals in military law. I've heard of Gilbert Blade, but I believe he's retired and his daughter has taken over, however that dosn't help much as I don't know her address or telephone number.

If any one has any details I will be most gratefull.

Thanks

Indicating Full
26th Oct 2003, 14:40
From the local telephone directory:

Blades, Gilbert Solicitor
Bank St, Lincoln
01522 512345

and I believe he is the one you are looking for. Who is in the S^%t then?

albert the first
26th Oct 2003, 15:11
Tks for that. no ones in the do do, just a friend might wont to get the company in it.

BEagle
26th Oct 2003, 15:13
You may find this link useful http://www.wilkinchapman.com/html/personnel.asp?ID=3

Obtained by Googling under 'Gilbert Blades'. No doubt the CPS look forward to him defending the accused aabout as much as the CAA does when Flying Lawyer is defending in one of their cases!

teeteringhead
28th Oct 2003, 17:05
Saw Gilbert Blades perform once at a (non-aviation-related) Court Martial. Good but not that good (his side lost). I think he does well because he has made it a speciality ..... oh, and DLS are not exactly premier league competition!

Pontius Navigator
30th Oct 2003, 05:56
Did Gilbert Blades do professional trials as well as the more mundane military law cases?

How about the barrister that defended in the Ben MacDui case? He won.

Mr C Hinecap
30th Oct 2003, 14:04
Having been in the Near East Airforce, I've seen the outcome of the work Blade & his company have done.
Not the best. He USED to know the loopholes and QRs/MAFL. However, most of those holes are severely reduced. Not quite the cure-all he once was.

FJJP
30th Oct 2003, 14:12
I, too, have seen Gilbert in action. Not all CMs had a Judge Advocate on the board, and he seemed to take over the running of the trial (he won). And I know for a fact (a DLS lawyer told me) that when the papers were received by DLS with his name all over them, the DLS minutely examined all the detail of the case. They would sometimes drop it if the evidence wasn't cast iron, knowing that Gilvert would likely make mincemeat out of them. He was considered with a great deal of respect, but also as a thorn in their side.

Scud-U-Like
31st Oct 2003, 17:04
I have known of cases defended (and lost) by Blades (mk1 & mk2), where they failed to exploit procedural stuff, that RAFPA did not consider to be best practice. RAFPA decided to prosecute nonetheless.

If the police or prosecution have cocked-up, then any lawyer worth his salt ought to be able to spot this. Blades' know their way around military law and procedure, which is the only difference between them and a good defence solicitor from the local magistrates' court.