PDA

View Full Version : A penny for your thoughts

marpoo
26th Oct 2003, 11:49
hi all,
i was hoping to get an idea from some of you on what i am about to do. for 4 years i have saved my dollars to become a commercial pilot. i am 29 years of age and am therefore a little behind the curve on the age vs experience. i will be travelling to the U.S. on a J1 visa for 2 years to do my MECIR, along with an instructors intrument rating. at the end of my training ( 5 - 6 months) i will instruct on Duchess' for the remainder of the 2 years. i hope to come back to oz with close to 1500 hrs and quite a bit of multi. i already have my PPL so i know that this is what i love. i would like to know some of your thoughts on my plans and how future OZ employers will look at my 'going overseas' to do my training. any opinios, both positive and negative (i am sure to get some of those as well) would be really appreciative.

thanks

matt

FO Cokebottle
26th Oct 2003, 16:31
Marpo,

After your US odessy - go to West Africa. You'll get more experience and on far better types than you ever would back in Oz.

When and if you do ever decide to go back to the mediocre - you will be well and truely ahead of the drag curve and your current contemporaries.

Good luck

Now for the penny......a TT to my off shore account will survice.

QNIM
26th Oct 2003, 18:29
Gday matt
I think your future oz employers would say train in the good old USA then find a job in the good old USA. Then file your application in the round filing cabinet. :ok:
Cheers Q

the wizard of auz
26th Oct 2003, 20:05
Bourbon..........woman...........Bourbon...............woman , I want me Penny!!!
;) :D :}