PDA

View Full Version : 5y-boy

ShenziRubani
26th Oct 2003, 08:57
Anyone at Wilson knows what happened to BOY, who was the jockey? engine failure?

406pilot
27th Oct 2003, 13:48
hiya shenzi.

well nice to hear frm u,apparently 5y-boy had EFATO..unconfirmed rumours anyways, all i know is that the pilot survived (most important factor 2 me) but the aircraft was upside (overturned) only way i think that happened was a stall after the engine failure...
any ways sad news 4 u and all peeps that rode tea is that they r writting it off now finally the insurance peeps r gonna scrap it off this is confirmed frm bimb so pole man
u r regard will be passed on keep well...

still a 406pilot

garymortimer
28th Oct 2003, 04:01
Where did the BOY incident happen I used to live in the Mara and had more than one? trip on it, was it not the fairly new one? Also had the bird strike through canopy did'nt it.

garymortimer
28th Oct 2003, 05:11
this from the east african

A pilot narrowly missed death yesterday morning when a plane he was flying lost height and crashed-landed at the Nairobi National Park.

The pilot was rushed to the Nairobi Hospital in a helicopter where he was treated of hand injuries and discharged. Witnesses said the 13-seater single engine Cessna Caravan 208 crashed about three-and-half kilometres inside the park and landed on its roof.

The Air Kenya 5Y-BOY with only the pilot identified as Godfrey Kamanu had left Wilson Airport for Lamu at about 9 am.

An Air Kenya Aviation Aircraft Accident Investigator, Mr Clatus MacOwenga, who was among the first people to the scene said the plane took off but lost height and crashed down before skidding for a few meters.

MacOwenga said details of the crash would be divulged later as investigations were in progress. Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS), General Service Unit (GSU) and regular police personnel sealed off the area.

Senior police and Government officers led by Nairobi police boss, Mr Jonathan Koskei, Kenya Police Airwing Commandant, Mr Macharia Chege and the PC, Mr Francis Sigei visited the scene.

A statement by Air Kenya Aviation Limited Group Chief Executive Officer, Mr Don Smith, said the plane crashed on take-off. Meanwhile, over five kilometres of vegetation was destroyed by fire that broke out in the park hardly a kilometre away from the plane's wreckage.

The blaze was later put out by KWS staff using branches and a tractor

cheers

http://www.balloonsafarisdirect.com

406pilot
1st Nov 2003, 18:28
hi ya shenzi,
moses is looking for ur e-mail he is due to leave tz soon
[email protected]

still a 406 pilot

p.s ur pm's r full