PDA

View Full Version : Why no Thomas Cook "Lite"?

Lite
24th Oct 2003, 20:00
Following the success of MyTravel Group launching their MyTravelLite no-frills airline, and TUI going the same way with HLX and the proposed "Britannia Express" I am interested to know whether Thomas Cook Airlines has any plans to jump on the low cost bandwagon also.

I do realise that Thomas Cook is now owned by Lufthansa who already have a low cost airline Germanwings, but I am just interested to know why Thomas Cook never followed the leaders.

traffic10
25th Oct 2003, 17:43
I am sure Thomas Cook are keeping an eye on the cheap and cheerful market, however it makes a change for a Charter Airline to concentrate of offering a quality service, rather than hardly and cabin services and quick turnarounds.

TightSlot
26th Oct 2003, 05:58
So, traffic10, your post would seem to imply that MyTravel & TUI neither operate a quality service nor have a viable business plan, in that they are concentrating on inappropriate areas?

Hmmmm!

Ruffles1960
28th Oct 2003, 23:45
Guys

Thomas Cook don't need to be dragged into the dogfight of cheap holidays.TCX are far superior to any of the mentioned airlines and are getting stronger.In my opinion they will be overtaking BA and AA and in 5 years will have 747 A340 a/c in what will be a 100 fleet operation.

waco
29th Oct 2003, 02:35
Nice one Ruffles

......I needed a good laugh......

big.al
29th Oct 2003, 17:25
....and if that happens, what would the (initial) call-sign to ATC be of your typical B747/A340.... perhaps TomLite Heavy..?:)