PDA

View Full Version : Jetmagic ERJ 135 to Cork!

Tom the Tenor
24th Oct 2003, 18:49
On this sad day that BA bring their Concorde operations to a close there is a small but nevertheless worthy spot of good news in that Jetmagic, the Cork based airline with Embraer Regional Jets, last night took delivery of their new Embraer ERJ 135, registered EI-ORK.

The aircraft is due to go in to service on the Cork to London City route next Monday after the type recently received certification from the relevant authorities to fly the LCY 5.5 degree glideslope.

Well done Jetmagic for confounding all the knockers! :ok:

Mouser
24th Oct 2003, 20:12
Tom, you dont happen to know how the LPL-CORK route is performing.

mysecretsmile
24th Oct 2003, 20:28
TOM - thats great news for Jetmagic, I wish them well with the new service and aircraft.

Can you confirm how the ORK-BHD service is performing I get mixed reports from different sources regarding the load figs.

Also do you know if Jetmagic intend to introduce the Sunday service on ORK-BHD that they had initially planned to introduce back in Sept ?

Tom the Tenor
25th Oct 2003, 01:38
The new ERJ 135 is presently parked on Cork's Stand 11 which is a fairly remote spot back near the holding point to runway 17. Long way if you had to walk in the rain! She flew in to Cork from Faro last night. It now looks like the ERJ 135 will enter service on Sunday as the Dornier Do 328 is due to return home either Saturday night or Sunday morning. Do you know what I will miss the Dornier - she is a lovely aeroplane.

Dont be worrying about the routes. Jetmagic are not going away, you know!

flapsout
25th Oct 2003, 17:20
Tried to get up to Belfast on Jet Magic this week, flights were full Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, so the route must be doing okay.

Tom the Tenor
27th Oct 2003, 16:52
Saw her fly for the first time this morning as the GX022 climbing out off runway 35 into a very cold but beautifully crisp blue sky on her way to London City. My, she did look smart!

ALLMCC
27th Oct 2003, 17:06
Saw a 328 this morning arriving at BHD so looks like they still have it! Also heard a rumour at the weekend that the EMB140 is being considered - can anyone confirm or scotch this? Are we likely to see 135s at BHD?

Mouser
28th Oct 2003, 19:09
Jet Magic have chartered a CRJ from Cimber and I think is being used on Cork-Liverpool route , not sure what it does the rest of the day.

Tom the Tenor
29th Oct 2003, 02:04
The ERJ 135 is proving to be a hit. I know it has just been a few days but LCY is booming since the weekend. You would find it hard to get a seat between ORK & LCY! Long may it last.

The Cimber CRJ was in because at different times over the weekend there were items of work being done on the ERJ 145s.

There are offers on to Liverpool at the moment, 35 Euros each way plus taxes. Very good value for all you Liverpool and Everton fans! Might even go myself - anyone know when Spurs are playing at Anfield? :ok:

Mouser
29th Oct 2003, 05:46
Sorry Tom , Spurs have already played at Anfield this season 1-1 draw I think, there's always the F A cup.

Avman
29th Oct 2003, 06:04
Yep, one of their own 145s was in for a quick check with Schreiner here in Maastricht over the weekend.

Avman
29th Oct 2003, 22:34
Well, make that an extended weekend. It's leaving MST tonight for CDG.