PDA

View Full Version : DVD playback to TV with S-video

exeng
24th Oct 2003, 04:37
When connecting to Tv with S-video from my laptop I see the computer 'desktop' but am unable to see the DVD itself although there is a black window and sound. DVD playback is viewable on the laptop itself.

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 (build 2600)
Hewlett-Packard Pavilion ze5200 KF.F.05
Processor a 2.53 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R2312 [CD-ROM drive]

Display
Standard floppy disk controller
RADEON IGP 345M [Display adapter]
Default Monitor
Digital Flat Panel (1024x768) [Monitor] (19.7"vis)
Generic Television [Monitor]

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Regards
Exeng

ORAC
24th Oct 2003, 05:05
Possible (http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/3944.html). If you haven't got a copy, by the way, here's the Service Manual (http://h20015.www2.hp.com/content/common/manuals/bph08402/bph08402.pdf).

spannersatcx
24th Oct 2003, 22:11
right click the desktop, select properties, select settings, select advanced, and then select the appropriate monitor/tv to output to.

exeng
25th Oct 2003, 07:53
Thanks, I'll give those a try as they look the most promising.

spannersatcx,
Thanks also. I had tried every combination possible I believe in your suggestion previously but to no avail.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Regards
Exeng

Tinstaafl
26th Oct 2003, 06:11
DVD movies don't display the same way that normal PC video does. Can't remember the details - and I'm too lazy to bother researching them - but you have to use appropriate display drivers/software/device.

'Scuse the rather all-encompassing description but I can't remember the details.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
27th Oct 2003, 00:23
exeng,

With DVD Playback, they will only display on the primary screen. If you are running your LCD Monitor on your Laptop and the TV OUT, it will only show the DVD Playback on your LCD Monitor. If you, in the Laptop Options, turn off the signal to the LCD Monitor and just use the TV OUT, it will play on your TV.

Take Care,

Richard

exeng
27th Oct 2003, 01:22
Thanks,

You are quite correct. I forced the TV as the primary and all was OK.

Regards
Exeng

Naples Air Center, Inc.
27th Oct 2003, 01:59
exeng,

That is great news. Enjoy your movies.

Take Care,

Richard