PDA

View Full Version : ryanair,B.I.A

cozy
24th Oct 2003, 01:10
is it thumbs up for ryanair at belfast international airport,does anyone have any idea.
there is so many rummours,:* so if anyone knows,let us all
know,or is it just another rummour by the press:bored:
thanks for your help.

mysecretsmile
24th Oct 2003, 01:19
I know for a fact that Ryanair have been in on going talks with BFS and the LDY. Talks between BHD and Ryanair haven't been taking place.

My understanding is that Ryanair wish to expand routes from LDY (although there are ongoing runway expansion issues) and they also intend to operate new European Routes from BFS as part of the new funding programme. My money is on a bit of both, with BFS services starting relatively soon before Xmas and LDY services in spring/summer 04.

glynn-kayes
31st Oct 2003, 05:34
According to my mate Rhonda,who works for TBI,Ryanair are in a third round of negotiations and BFS is top of their agenda.Apparently LDY is out of the question regarding direct european routes and only very limited expansion was ever on the the cards for LDY regarding FR.Also Ryanair and MOL have never had talks at BHD as BHD has never been an option for RYANAIR.They have also mentioned in a press release in Birmingham about a high frequency route from BELFAST to BIRMINGHAM and and a daily route to BOURNEMOUTH.I suppose all will be revealed in due course.I suppose if RYANAIR started a BFS to STN in competition with EZY all the toys would come out off the pram and BHD services to the capital would really suffer then as STANSTEAD by train is really easy to get to central ldn.She also said that VLM is in close talks with TBI CONCERNING A BFS LCY SERVICE with a very early departure from BFS and a very late arrival into BFS approx 1145 pm

ALLMCC
31st Oct 2003, 17:26
COZY

Don't believe any of the c**p you've been fed on this subject - everything mentioned is pure conjecture and nothing else!! TBI & Ryanair have been in talks for at least 5 years & still nothing - there is no point in covering old ground by stating why - we all know why.

It is interesting that virtually all of this info has reportedly come from a TBI source - who is Rhonda? - presumably their appointed spin doctor - personally I wouldn't believe any of it until I see it in a proper press release - actually the VLM rumour made me laugh heartily - this one really takes the biscuit! Why on earth would VLM management leave themselves open to virtually crucifixion by Easyjet on a London route which has never been high yield despite low fares/high frequency.

All of what has been said about supposed expansion at BFS is nothing more than ill-informed rumour mongering which gets even more ridiculous as every day passes!

carlos vandango
31st Oct 2003, 18:40
Talk's cheap.
This happens on a 6 monthly basis. Easy mumbles about new international routes from BFS, next thing BMIbaby are looking at it, then its Ryanair,mytravellite, then Flybe..but they never materialise. Meanwhile a travel agent with a crap website has been merrily beating them at their own game by subbing Futura to fly to AGP, ALC, BCN etc. They're not particularly cheap but they fill the seats because at least they had the bottle to do it. :hmm: