PDA

View Full Version : Historic Aircraft Association symposium - Hendon - 18 October

G-KEST
23rd Oct 2003, 23:22
The HAA had about 60 attending their annual symposium at the RAF Museum Hendon last Saturday. A shame that the turnout was so small since they could have fitted in around 130 to the cinema lecture theatre. It was a fascinating programme -
Tom Leckie-Thompson on the `1969 London to New York race and his participation in the Harrier.

Sorry - finger slipped on my first forum outing....!!!

The HAA had about 60 attending their annual symposium at the RAF Museum Hendon last Saturday. A pity that the turnout was so small since they could have fitted in around 130 to the cinema lecture theatre. It was a fascinating programme -
Tom Leckie-Thompson on the `1969 London to New York race and his participation in the Harrier.
OC RAF Shawbury on the Assault Glider Project which is constructing a Horsa replica hopefully to go to Cosford along with quite a bit of related stuff including a Dakota and possibly a Hadrian.
Dizzie Addicott who gave a scintillating romp through his flying career from EFTS right through to his time as a contract ferry pilot mainly for the Navy with Shorts and as a test pilot with Vickers. He also had half the audience in fits with his line in blue jokes while the other half cringed but secretly enjoyed it.
A great day out with a fine buffet lunch and all for less than the cost of attending a Duxford display.
Shame that the pre-event publicity was virtually absent.
Make a note in your diaries for 2004. Its always about the same time.

G-KEST
30th Oct 2003, 00:37
One more item on the programme which I forgot. Mea culpa...!!!

David Lockspeiser on his LDA01 canard aeroplane of the 1970's.
Another classic presentation from a respected TP and one who started his career in the design office at Miles Aircraft

Cheers until next years event. The secretary of the HAA tells me he has 75% of that programme booked already. Should be unmissable.

vintage ATCO
30th Oct 2003, 00:57
Could you publish the date as soon as you know. I missed it this year as I was working and couldn't get the day off. Grrrr!

VA

G-KEST
7th Nov 2003, 01:26
I will certainly get Stuart Powney, the HAA secretary, to post the information asap when available along with the programme of speakers. In the meantime a really early Happy Christmas to all the Pprune family.....!!!!!

treadigraph
7th Nov 2003, 15:24
I remember seeing the LDA-01 overflying my school in the mid-Seventies... the Bursar was walking past, his arms full of files and seeing us pointing skyward, glanced up and nearly dropped his load... "It's flying backwards" he said, shaking his head, "I really must stop working so hard..."