PDA

View Full Version : Southend - The Mile High Sat TV prog

HZ123
23rd Oct 2003, 23:11
They are filming at SEN for the next couple of days for the above prog using a Chinese BAe 146. Gives the option of going somewhere else tomorrow to take pictures. There were a number of cool young things male and female sporting CC outfits.

Lite
24th Oct 2003, 03:54
Oh, that amazing low cost airline Fresh!

I was actually quite a big fan of the first season of Mile High, and whilst the set and the airline related storylines were a bit "off", I found the general show and life of the characters as some light entertainment and I'm looking forward to Sky/One launching the new season. I have friends who dont have Sky who made me tape episodes so they will be happy too ... :)

HZ123 some questions if I may ...
A) Is the Chinese BAe 146 being painted into the Fresh! livery and any take off or landing scenes being filmed or is it simply going to be modified by computer and the aircraft being used solely for external shots?

B) Are they allowing participation (ie extras?) at the filming and when will it take place?

Thanks for any help! :8

HZ123
24th Oct 2003, 21:03
Back in West London now so cannot provide much futher info on this.

A/C is white with blus cheet lines and did not appear to undergo any changes. As it is Chinese reg I doubt that it will do any flying though 'Flightline' do have onr of there 146-300 hangared and it appears to have been polished so maybe that may fly.

The action is airside and they appeared to have a coach load of extras. When I left yesterday 1400 they were about to film pax boarding the a/c. Out of interest what is the 'Fresh' livery. Just for the record last year when I saw them filming they used one of the last Bac 1-11 awaiting departure for Nigeria. Rgds

Lite
24th Oct 2003, 21:29
The Fresh! livery was of a baby blue, shocking pink or lime green tail with a big "F" on the tail and then the word Fresh! in whatever the tail colour was.

It appeared to be Go aircraft they used but had just doctored landing and taxiing scenes of Go planes at STN.

hushkit77
24th Oct 2003, 22:33
Mile High is super! roll on the next series

Chef
25th Oct 2003, 09:14
They were at STN the other day for the whole day, kept the pax happy, but hey if the BAA can make a buck out of anything they will, which is why they are opening a betting shop in the terminal:confused:

traffic10
25th Oct 2003, 17:24
All the scenes using A/C on Mile High are doctored in the editing studio similar to the way they make everything purple on Dream Team. A far cheaper option than painting a A/C just for a limited amount of time. Although I bet Ryanair would have agreed to paint one of their A/C in the fresh livery. Anything for a few quid!!!!!