PDA

View Full Version : Battersea sold again?

BlackRat
23rd Oct 2003, 20:37
Is it true that Battersea has been sold (WEF Nov 01) to a company whose core business is residential developments?:confused:

F-Nick ATCO
23rd Oct 2003, 22:22
:{ when did all of this come about?

Helinut
24th Oct 2003, 01:12
Whether or not it has happened, I don't know, but it is always on the cards. It is worth more as a building site than as a heliport. If it got into the hands of someone with no real interest in helicopters, there would be no surprises. You can't imagine any of the neighbours complaining about a planning application, can you?:* :uhoh:

Hilico
24th Oct 2003, 02:41
No, and I can't imagine them dreaming of objecting to traffic noise - despite the fact that it is literally continuous and just as obstructive of conversation as aircraft noise (thinks: 12000 movements a year = 33 movements a day or about half an hour's worth). Occasionally I try talking to people while standing by the Main Road in Harwich (I mean, Harwich!) and I promise you, it's not worth the bellowing.

Perhaps the solution is to increase the movements to the point where they cease to notice them, as they did long ago with the cars and motorbikes. I could live with that.

DBChopper
24th Oct 2003, 03:37
BlackRat,

Nothing to do with the thread, but do you happen to fly at Wycombe, by any chance...?

Just wondered,

DBChopper
:ok:

Hedski
24th Oct 2003, 06:00
I know who you're thinking of DB but I doubt it's the same person. Black Rat would suggest a link past or present with the law :yuk:. ASU perhaps?
Although there is a black rat sticker on the panel of a certain Battersea regular..................;)

DBChopper
24th Oct 2003, 12:51
It's the BlackRat reference that rung a bell with me - as an ex BlackRat myself it's why I was guessing at the poster's identity. (with apologies for any further :yuk: I may have caused ;) )

attackattackattack
24th Oct 2003, 20:03
Hilico

The problem with Harwich is that it's the through route to Dovercourt - no wonder it's busy ;)