PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet Entertainment System????

Whossat Forrus
23rd Oct 2003, 17:32
Does Easy have an in flight entertainment system fitted in the 737s they operate. If it is fitted, is it company policy to use it on legs of up to 2 hours?

Frankfurt_Cowboy
23rd Oct 2003, 18:11
They have the Boeing transparent panorama portal fitted as standard on all a/c

PAXboy
23rd Oct 2003, 18:15
F_C is correct but you must remember that EZY is a LoCo, consequently there are a limited number of portals and are allocated 'first come, first served'. The ratio of portals to pax is approximately 1:3.

Whossat Forrus
23rd Oct 2003, 18:41
Thanks guys. Just the information I was looking for.:)

Herod
23rd Oct 2003, 19:55
Nice one !!! And I think you both got away with it.

scroggs
23rd Oct 2003, 21:26
Of course, the TPP is available from boarding to disembarkation, unlike some inferior systems :cool:

You want it when?
28th Oct 2003, 17:53
Sorry Scroggs - TPP goes off-line on take-off for some night flights. So it is not 100% available.

Bumz_Rush
29th Oct 2003, 03:11
On a Luton to Malaga last week I was able to use the galley internet terminal to order an inflite PIZZA. with extra cheese...

Itswindyout
29th Oct 2003, 03:16
I was trying to book on line, but could not find this option. Or do they issue with the catering trolley....help...please...flight next week...

Crepello
29th Oct 2003, 04:04
The best entertainment is during boarding, when said pax battle for said TPPs. It's a mix of rugby, judo and the Eton wall game. Shinpads and tin hat recommended.

Incidentally, say what you like about Concorde, its TPPs were crap.

PAXboy
29th Oct 2003, 18:00
The finest TPPs were on the Viscount!

In the boarding game, TPPs at the front are taken first. The rear mounted ones may be secured by approaching the aircraft via it's rear entrance.

A note of caution, as when approaching any animal's rear entrance, one should stroke it's flanks and pat it carefully with reassuring words, before entering. You will notice the response by the animal, as it will soon swoosh it's tail from side to side and allow the rear edges of it's wings to droop down. This is a sure sign that it is ready to play. So do keep observing with the TPPs at all times.

PAX will be reassured to know that the people at the front of the aircraft also have TPPs and use them extensively throughout the flight. If the FO should forget to do so, then the Captain may be heard to encourage them to use the TPP with the gentle words, Look out of the f*****g TPP, you cretin. :=