*3000Hrs T.T.

CAPTAINS - NON TYPE RATED
*5000Hrs T.T. min. 2000Hrs in Command Jet
*500 Hrs min. Jet above 50,000kg's

First Officers - NON TYPE RATED
*1000Hrs T.T. - 500Hrs PIC Multi Eng.
*Current N.Z. or Australian ATPL or Subject A.T.P. credits
*Be prepared to pay for B737 endorsement
All applicants must have ATPL, Current Class 1 medical and visa residency for N.Z.
Those pilots with B737-3/4/5 experience will be required to pay for B737NG differences course.
Apply- Rishworth Aviation Limited, P O BOX 37 434, Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand.
FAX +64 9 3020078
Email [email protected]

CFI / CHIEF PILOT
Moruya Aero Club are seeking a CFI/CP We operate a C172, 2 C150,s and a Hughes Lightwing Ultralight.
We run a cadet program training teaching theory classes on Saturdays. Operating about 1100 hours per year training and charters we need a grade 1 able to teach night VMC qualified to be a CFI.
Apply - contact Moruya Aero Club 0244742182 Fax 0244744281 email [email protected]

Airlink FLIGHT CREW
P.N.G. 3rd level Operator main base Madang reguires EMB110 Check and Training Captains based - Madang
*Australian or N.Z. ATPL
*3000Hrs T.T.
Approvals to conduct -
* E110 Ground Courses
* E110 Endorsement Training
* Prof. and Comp. Checks
* IFR Renewals
Previous P.N.G. flying experience an advantage
Apply - The Flight Operations Manager, Airlink, P O BOX 1208, MADANG 511, Papua NewGuinea.
FAX 675 852 2997 Email [email protected]

CASA
Flying Operations Inspector - Airlines [2 positions]
Brisbane based for Fokker 70/100 or A320 B737
PN 1733 / 1699 for more info Ph Ray Vuillermin 131 757 CASA website www.casa.gov.au/jobs/ or by ringing CASA Recruitement 02 6217 1355 [24 Hr answering service]

OzExpat
23rd Oct 2003, 22:15
That seems like the sort of job that I want in my retirement! I'll have to keep Moruya Aero Club in mind! I'll bet they get knocked down in the rush for this one!

KAOS
24th Oct 2003, 09:11
Re:Macflite - TRAINEE PILOT PROGRAM

OK. You must have a CPL. So, like myself and many others you have already probably spent in the vicinity of $30-60K to obtain your CPL, PLUS other endorsements to make you more employable up North i.e NVFR, MECIR, Instructor rating, C210 type check out + 10 hrs on type, or ATPL theory.

If you hold an Instrument Rating, too bad! You have to redo the whole lot.

Ok. I hear what you're saying. Qantas did the same in the past with their cadets, approx. 3-4 yrs back

Yes! True, but the Qantas program for a Cadet holding his/her CPL costs around $30K, NOT $57,750!! ouch!

Yes I know Mr Macflite. Your cost includes a Turbine endorsement and 12 months employment as an F/O on turbine aircraft i.e Otter, or Metro

What happens after that? What if ****** don't make you a permanent offer?? You have an applicant who has several hundred hours of turbine time as an F/O, all the necessary tickets, BUT hardly no important Command time. And wait there's more... You've now spent all up, about $87-107K!!

What next? Off to Kununurra to fly C206/C210 to get some command time.

Think before you act!

Cheers and all the Best!

:cool:

Johhny Utah
24th Oct 2003, 16:12
KAOS - you have essentially answered your own question. i.e. for YOU it was not a very good option.

However, there are other people for whom the Macflite course IS a good option.

I did a similar course (offered by a now defunct organisation) several years ago. 18 months after begininng my time as a 'cadet' F/O, I was sitting my final interview for the elusive first jet job.

For those who are hell bent on pursuing a job flying a jet in a multi crew operation, courses like the Macflite one can give you an important leg up. I suggest that it would be no harder to get a job to gain some command time if you had 1000 hrs (mainly F/O time) as opposed to a fresh CPL. Plus, once that obstacle has been jumped (if it needs to at all) that person would be in an excellent position to go back on to a turbine aircraft, having already proven that they can work effectively in a multi crew environment.

AS for the $$$ figures - let's compare apples with apples. Sure, it costs a lot of money up front for the course, as opposed to doing a few add-ons to the bare commercial licence. Once the training is complete though, the person doing the course is then into the workforce & earning $$$. Plus, they're clocking up hours in their log book.

On the other hand, the person with nothing but their fresh CPL now faces the very real prospect of having to travel all around Australia to find work. When they do, it's very likely that they will be casual only, doing very few hours each week. They may even be doing so few hours that they need to find a second part time job to make ends meet. All of this costs money, and takes a lot of time. All the while this person is falling behind in terms of not only total hours as opposed to the person who did the course, but the actual $$$ expended vs $$$ earned numbers are converging.

As far as I was concerned, the best way to get to the top was to get hours quickly, & preferably in as big & as fast an aircraft as possible. It worked for me - that's all that I can really work from...

At the end of the day, there will always be people who refuse to accept that any method other than the method that they subscribe to is a valid choice. Sure, the course isn't for everyone. All I can say is that something similar worked very well for me. End result being that I got to where I wanted to go in aviation in what was as pretty quick a time as I could - that was all that I could ask for.

The decision is yours...

Poto
24th Oct 2003, 21:26
KAOS your concerns are worthy ones. A QF cadet has a pretty good chance of an offer to become an S/O. This is a career offering not a "start". Macflite guys have to bail in twelve months and find themselves some twin command time(-at the moment!)

Johnny Utah I'm glad things worked out for you but for many Macflite cadets the road will be long and hard- I'm not sure this is explained when they take their money.
Firstly they are not a desirable commodity in GA, I would employ a bloke with 1000hrs 210/182/206 -whatever, to fly a light charter twin before I would consider a meat tray right hand seat jockey. As this is my choice I find no justification required for this decision, its in the gut!

Secondly, and I am not against cadetships at all-each to their own path, however there are few GA CP's and senior drivers who see cadets as an obstacle to their own progression from the single pilot piston world to the multi-crew airline environment- Ma@air being of that calibre! :hmm:

Good luck to all which ever path they take but these issues are good to bring to the table b4 a potential player parts with the big bucks:ok:

Dash Man
25th Oct 2003, 00:56
There are good and bad points about cadet programs, just like there are good and bad points about the more traditional methods of hours building.

I don't know alot about the Macflite program - I know a bit about the program Johnny Utah was on. From what I do know one point missed so far is pay. The Macflite guys get paid the GA Award. This is about $32K plus allowances plus super. I don't know what the allowances are but I think all up its probably close to a $38K package. Nothing to retire on but not bad for starters. They also get to fly some pretty good equipment. The Metro isn't everyone's favourite but it seems to appeal to airline recruiters. It is a >5700 kg a/c even if it is a noisy death pencil :D What are the chances of a fresh CPL getting paid $32K plus super when they start their careers? What about a full time job? What about flying turbine or twin equipment? Geez, based on most of the threads here what are the chances of getting even close to the Award?

Alot (most) of the guys on Johnny's course have had interviews with the big boys. Obviously not all got in. Johnny got a jet job within 18 months. At least one guy I know got one earlier than that! Its paid off handsomely for the ones that did get in. The guys that didn't at least had a shot at the title within 18 to 30 months. That's pretty good going.

Poto, you should tell us where you are so no cadets (from any company) bother you for a job. ;)

Poto
25th Oct 2003, 12:16
Dash Man, Cadets can apply to the company I work for and will be considered. However a driver who has done some "yards" in Butt F@ck nowhere will get considered over and above.
As you could imagine it does come down to the individual person.
Yet to speak with a cadet who was actually hungry to fly a piston twin older than they are. Almost all bush single drivers who I come across are screaming for a lash at our fleet!
Again I stress this doesn't make them the best candidate but I like people who want the twin charter single pilot experience in the logbook, not people who see it as a necessary evil.:E