PDA

View Full Version : FLYBE - punctuality

stanley37uk
22nd Oct 2003, 23:07
I cannot help noticing the number of heavy delays on this airline at my home port EDI eg this morning a flight ex BHX delayed over 3 hours , this seems quite common . Anyone know why ??

Thanks
Stanley

Lucky Angel
22nd Oct 2003, 23:35
Dash8-400 unreliable always going tech

hapzim
23rd Oct 2003, 00:23
Overstreched and undercrewed in most departments something has to give . Usually the time-table.

akerosid
23rd Oct 2003, 01:21
Yes, much the same down here in Jersey . . . undercrewing has been causing problems; many cancellations and delays.

Whispering Giant
23rd Oct 2003, 01:40
Your'e all wrong - it was actually due to 5 tech 146's all in BHX.

CHIVILCOY
23rd Oct 2003, 03:06
Yes I have had problems with Flybe's punctuality,missed three connections in a row to Buenos Aires at CDG on codeshare with Air France from GLA via BHX
Not complaining though,kindly rewarded with 4* treatment in Sofitel,upgrade to business class as well as £... of vouchers for future flights.
It beats me why Air France persist codesharing with Flybe,it must be costing them a fortune.

WHBM
24th Oct 2003, 06:55
Well I left Londonderry by road this evening far too late to drive to BHD for the 1830 to Leeds, so I was actually hoping that maybe they would be late.. Got into terminal at 1820, with checked bags, Flybe still let me on, and we got away to time. Into LBA 10 mins early. In my experience a normal performance.

BMI previous evening 1hr 20min late out of LHR for BHD. I think everyone has their own differing experiences of different carriers' punctuality.

Localiser Green
2nd Nov 2003, 19:37
bmi aren't that far ahead of Flybe in average delay and on-time performance, but Flybe have a higher proportion of flights delayed over an hour (almost 7% compared to 4% for bmi)

See Flightontime.info (http://www.flightontime.info)

Whispering Giant
2nd Nov 2003, 22:37
OK - so some flight's may be delayed by over an hour - BUT at least we do everything possible to operate the flight's and to get our pax's to their destintion - allthough they may be late, Rather than just cancelling the flight and leaving the pax's stranded - unlike a couple of other Lo Cost operator's i can mention.

At the end of the day what would the travelling public prefer - a flight to their destination - allthough it may be late, but at least they Know they are going to get their or would they prefer to be stranded and left to make their own arrangement's with NO help from the operator.......

The choice is theirs to make.......

At the end of the day - NO Airline is perfect.....

W.G

nibor
2nd Nov 2003, 23:00
You seem to be in the know.
Why does it seem that every Dash-8 Bombardier deliver take several months get into a decent flying condition whoever buys them?

Whispering Giant
3rd Nov 2003, 02:06
Nibor - quite simpily, it's due to build quility - Bombardier seem to be more interested in getting a/c built and out of the workshop rather than sorting out all the defect's that are built in before shipping them to the customer - so hence when an airline get's them they take age's to find all the bug's in the system and rectify them. All Q400 operator's have found this to be the same.

But this problem does not just affect Bombadier - Embraer also have severe build quality problem's.

W.G

Flight Level Zero
13th Nov 2003, 15:14
Whispering Giant

Quote - BUT at least we do everything possible to operate the flight's and to get our pax's to their destintion.

Since when, Flybe are getting a reputation for cancelling flights and rebooking passengers on the next available and these cancellations are occuring just before Flybe have to part with any money are detailed in their charter.

leonbrumsack
13th Nov 2003, 21:23
I was just wondering, has anybody else has noticed that many people in the industry have difficulties with knowing when to use apostrophes correctly? I'm not being pedantic, just merely wondering. :confused:

GWYN
17th Nov 2003, 18:29
Leonbrumsack

Unfortunately illiteracy (in it's widest sense) is, apparently, widespread these days. It is neither confined to our industry, nor just to the (mis-)use of apostrophe's (Ooops!). I have some difficulty even understanding some of the letters I receive from organisations such as banks. They simply do not speak the same language as I do; in fact it can only really be described as 'pidgin.'

I guess it is just a reflection of the modern, 'does it matter if the little darling can spell, just as long as he / she is allowed the freedom to express him / herself, and is not constrained by convention,' attitude in our educational establishments these days.

Golf Charlie Charlie
18th Nov 2003, 19:39
<<<
Unfortunately illiteracy (in it's widest sense)
>>>

I guess you exemplify Leonbrumsack's point on punctuation admirably !

Or perhaps you were being ironic.