PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic

opschic
22nd Oct 2003, 19:13
Does anyone have any information about the Turnaround Co-ordinators postions at Virgin LHR?:ok:

mr.777
22nd Oct 2003, 21:43
£22k-ish per year....good concessions....working in a dispatch dept. that comes under the banner of Passenger Services (check-in) and not Ops.........which is why I left.Try explaining to some idiot in a suit thats never been anywhere near a loadsheet why El Capitano needs a new flight plan as his ZFW just shot up.....

KiloMIke
30th Oct 2003, 00:51
Did anyone else get a second interview for this position??

opschic
30th Oct 2003, 15:21
Any more info regarding the actual job. Is it load control / dispatch ( so that you are doing the turnaround) or is it more of a sitting a the gate kinda job. Also any info on the type of interview they are doing? Any info is much appreciated!;)

Confirmed Must Ride
30th Oct 2003, 22:19
I know that their whole traffic department had to reapply for their jobs. Was called traffic now called Turnaround Coordinator. Not sure what their feelings are on the matter.

Didnt get to the second interview, not sure what they are really after...

KiloMIke
31st Oct 2003, 20:36
Load control is done from LGW.

Think its a more watching over the flight turnaround kind of role.

First interview is a group one. They gave you an excercise to do and then present as part of a group.

Then they gave you a choice of situations. You were asked to pick one and say what your actions would be in this situation.

Second interview was an individual one. They asked you about various scenarios in your work history.

Confirmed Must Ride
31st Oct 2003, 21:20
Is it their own load control or does a vendor look after it???

KiloMIke
1st Nov 2003, 01:36
I had heard there was a central load planning section at LGW provided by Gatwick Handling (or whatever they are called these days).