PDA

View Full Version : De-registration

Head Turner
22nd Oct 2003, 18:12
Can anyone help with the method of de-registering an ITALIAN registered aircraft, and who to contact in Italy?

Whooaahh
22nd Oct 2003, 22:54
All I can say is if it anything like deregistering a car you're in deep sh1t.

I relocated from Italy to Switzerland in 2001 taking my car with me. Completed the Swiss registration in a matter of minutes once I had the correct paperwork, but the Italians wanted me to drive the car back to Milan with it's new Swiss plates on as proof that I had re-registered it. The Swiss registration documentation was apparently not sufficient evidence.

The Italian consulate couldn't be bothered to help me (I'm neither Italian or Swiss!!) so I simply threw the plates in the back of a cupboard and am ignoring it rather than take a week off work and jump through the bloody hoops Italian beaurocracy laid out infront of me.

I know there'll come after me someday, but knowing Italy they won't realise I haven't paid the roadtax until 2008 and by that time I'll be long gone.

Whooaahh!!!

Head Turner
31st Oct 2003, 15:57
I just hope that someone in the ENAC, the person at the top of the pile of S... will become aware of their antiquated system and do something positive. This doesn't mean talk about it for years and years but make an ACTION. Or is that expecting too much from the Italians.
It appears that we need to post the notice of Deregistration at Bergamo airport (our helicopter has never been there as it is based in UK) where it will hang for 70 days. This process is to allow the dozy Italians the chance to delay the whole lenghty process if they suspect that there are any outstanding bills which have not been paid or there are things like mortgages to settle.

However the Euroean accepted standard for this procedure will sweep this crappy system under the carpet and do it in an organised way. For once the Brittish system is certainly the best in all respects. Thanks CAA. ENAC you are last century news!

pinguino
31st Oct 2003, 19:58
hi head,
I'm very sorry you have to fight against italian bureaucracy slowness, but please when you refer to enac guys don't say "the italians":( , we have just finished to discuss an "italians vs. rest of the world" topic :p . I can assure you that we are all hard workers (and nice people to know too) in italian aviation, I hope you already know this, and yes, may be a small amount at ENAC too. However we all hope the whole thing is truely going to change, they (enac) just relocated all their main offices and there are rumours they bougth computers too!!!! :D :D :ok: