PDA

View Full Version : RAF Chinook Reunion: 18 November 2003

Triple Hooked
22nd Oct 2003, 17:38
This is an invitation to all retired and current RAF officers and SNCOs who have had an association with the RAF Chinook force during their career.

RAF Odiham is hosting a Chinook Reunion starting at 1900L in the Officers' Mess on Tuesday 18 November 2003.

The evening will begin with a presentation by the Station Commander on current Chinook operations and will continue with a fork supper and drinks throughout the night.

Places will be issued on a first-come first-served basis, and the event is Stag Only. There will be a cash bar.
To cover Mess costs, there is a cover charge of £6 per person.
Unfortunately there is NO ACCOMMODATION available at RAF Odiham for that evening.
For further details contact the Station Corporate Communications Officer (CCO) on:

GPTN Fax - 95235 Ext 7308
BT Fax - (01256) 704280
E-mail - [email protected]

ShyTorque
7th Nov 2003, 00:27
Hey TripleH,

See no-one's publicly admitted to wanting a ticket yet then? :E

(Just bringing it back to the top for you). Have a good one!

BEagle
7th Nov 2003, 00:37
Do you think that Wratten and Day will come along? They know soooooo much about Chinooks, don't they......:E

Pub User
7th Nov 2003, 07:21
I have to say, that CCO has the most delicious Irish accent I've ever heard.

ShyT

Jealousy will never enhance your image on this forum.

ShyTorque
7th Nov 2003, 16:33
Pub User,

Yes I am jealous, and who wouldn't be, it's ages since I've had a fork supper (and even longer since I flew the Chinook ;) )

Triple Hooked
11th Nov 2003, 17:12
Thanks for your support Mr Torque et al , will we see you all on the 18th?

I'm sorry to announce that we have had to introduce a cover charge of £6 per person. What with warfighting, firefighting and peacekeeping around the globe - we don't seem to have a bottomless pit of cash at the moment!

Please say you'll come:O :O

right chopper
11th Nov 2003, 18:51
Know you've been working hard to plug this event TH but have you thought about advertising it on some of the other forums where ex-chinookers might look if they're now rich airline types?

Hydraulic Palm Tree
12th Nov 2003, 03:52
Like the Basingstoke Gazette!

:)

HPT

Triple Hooked
12th Nov 2003, 16:41
Thanks RC, I did paste this thread in the Aircrew Notices Forum. Guess what happened - it got booted into here.

I have also E-mailed [email protected] to ask for this to be made into a sticky, but have had no reply (perhaps I didn't do it right).

Pprune modbods - if you are reading this - can we have this as a sticky in Military and Aircrew Notices please?:ok:

TURNBULL
12th Nov 2003, 23:58
To give the young lady her due, the whole thing has been organized at the last moment with classic senior officer thought processes and little appreciations given to the logistics.

Still it should be a good night!
;)

Triple Hooked
16th Nov 2003, 22:59
back to the top, back to the top.

(Thanks for all your support guys - only a couple of days to go - look forward to seeing you all there.)

Triple Hooked
20th Nov 2003, 18:02
Thanks to all who attended the RAF Chinook Reunion.

As you may have noticed we decided to sh*tcan the £6 per head cover charge as we could make up the total from other sources.

I hope everyone enjoyed the presentations - and that the Boeing reps are not too offended by our interpretation of how combined ops occured in Afghanistan. ;)

Once again - thanks to everyone who made the evening a success.

Triple Hooked - the helicopter of choice.